Notification Icon

JDR

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I find that I use the NOTIFICATION function alot to check on networks, updates, etc.

Anyway to get an ICON for NOTIFICATION on my main home screen rather than have to press the menu button and then press notification. Yes, I know, it's only one extra step but I am curious about whether or not its possible.
thanks

DROID_Eris_JP

Dec 26, 2009
www.twitter.com
To my knowledge, there is no option to view notifications other than bringing down the status bar drop screen. This would be a great idea for an app!

Last edited:

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Can't you just drag the notification bar down to get your notification menu?
I'm not sure if they dropped that on Sense UI. I don't imagine they would though.

DROID_Eris_JP

Dec 26, 2009
www.twitter.com
Can't you just drag the notification bar down to get your notification menu?
I'm not sure if they dropped that on Sense UI. I don't imagine they would though.

That is what I was talking about when I said "bringing down the status bar drop screen"...

I think his question is more along the lines of having a singular menu item on the (or a) homescreen where you can activate a separate notification window - instead of using the status bar drop down.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Ok. I thought you might be talking about that.

I don't really think there's a huge need for an icon. IMO a swipe isn't very much harder to execute than a tap, even one-handed.
Again, I'm not sure if it's any different with sense UI. I just have experience with stock Android.

JDR

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, not asking for something huge, I've just gotten myself accustomed to using the icons on my home page and so it's a different dexterity and motion to do the "other" drag down thingy. No biggie, just wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech