Surfing while talking

Joehoeva

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to the forums and the Droid so first let me say howdy. So far the boards have been very helpful.

This is my first smart phone and I'm curious as to why Verizon doesn't allow you to surf the web while your talking. You guys seem pretty up on the tech so I figured I'd ask those in the know.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Neither Sprint nor Verizon's CMDA networks are capable of simultaneous EV-DO packet data and an active 1X circuit-switch voice call. The CDMA Development Group announced earlier this year that they have published specs to make this technology available in 2010, but there hasn't been a formal commitment, from either carrier, to implement these enhancements, since they are both focusing on their respective 4G technologies.

P.S. - welcome to the forums!

DROID_Eris_JP

Dec 26, 2009
www.twitter.com
Since AT&T made such a big deal of this with their new advertising scheme featuring a washed up Wilson brother - it was really never a big deal before because of the fact that 99.9% of smartphone users have never even come across a situation to which they would require Browse/Talk simultaneous functions. I guess VZW focused more on making their voice network the best in the country rather than adding features in their infancy of demand amongst users. Rest assured, VZW will add this functionality in the future - but not because Luke Wilson punk'd them about it.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the fact that you can surf and talk at the same time is nothing to brag about...I can do it with my land line while sitting in front of my computer.:rolleyes:

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I've had no luck with T-Mo (or GSM for that matter) in my area which is why I switched to Verizon. Coverage is just better. And while Verizon is painfully slow in releasing products and updates/upgrades its because I feel they do a good job at product testing before a release. Just my observation. And yes, Luke Wilson might as well wear a sign that says "Will Pimp AT$T for Food"