Handcent SMS and contact list

jlb0071

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice this???

When I try to send a text via Handcent, I don't see all of my contacts. When I use the stock text, I see all my contacts and have the option of choosing what number i want to send the text to.

So... I did a test. I went into a contact that I didn't see. The default number was "home" rather than "mobile". I changed the default number to mobile and swapped the phone numbers and presto, the contact now showed up in handcent sms contacts. So it seems the mobile number must be listed first in all of my contacts.

This is very annoying and I don't want to have to redo all of my contacts to make the default phone number (the first number) the mobile number. Does anyone know a workaround for this or what I might be doing wrong?

JerseyFF

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
You may want to check into the settings for Handcent app settings, I know there is an option for only displaying mobile numbers. Toggle this option and see if you get the desired results.

fyababe

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi I've just got the HTC hero. I'm having trouble with my Handcent. Contact name is not showing up when I receive messages from people in my contacts. But in the the HTC messaging all contacts names are showing there. (I have taken off all notifications off in the the HTC messaging!) Need some help please?

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that if you have it in portrait mode and you start to type your contact name, it will indicate whether mobile, work etc... Landscape will only show you the name and number of the contact. It doesn't indicate mobile, work or home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc