Two email notifications

sugarhi980

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows why I get two email notifications whenever I get a new message in my gmail account? Not a huge deal, I just clear the notifications, but it's a tad annoying. I had the same problem when I first got my BB, but I was able to solve that by "hiding" the messages folder (emails show up both in the email app and the messages folder). Any tips or hints on this one?

sugarhi980

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't set up my gmail in both apps, but it looks like that is the case. I'm getting notifications from the gmail and the mail apps every time I receive an email.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, you can either delete the gmail account from the Mail app (start Mail, Menu, More, Settings, Delete account) or, if you want Mail for some reason, Notification setings, Email notifications off.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I ran into this. One shows you an envelope (this is the HTC Email app) and the other shows you an @ symbol (this is the GMail app). You can go into the settings of the one you don't want and turn off the notification. This confused me at first as well until I got an answer on it here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae