Sense = Force Close!!! Help, can't use my phone.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I was trying out Panda Home for a few days. I couldn't find the widgets that i liked with the HTC sense ui, so i tried to go back to it. It forced closed. I figured it was panda home causing a conflict because i had never had that happen before. I uninstalled Panda Home and then pushed my home key. I selected the box to use as default, then selected HTC sense. Apparently that was the wrong thing to do because it forced close again.

Now my phone only boots as far as the HTC screen. When i try to do anything, nothing happens (except when i hit home key, i get a HTC sense force close yada yada yada). I get all my notification sounds. When my son tried to call, it rings and i can answer. However i cannot get into my menu screens to change to "home" from sense UI and i don't know how to reset it from a black screen with htc flashing across it. I have tried to remove the battery, same thing when it boots. I have removed the SD card, same. I even held the green and red phone buttons to boot the phone. (apparently this goes into a safe mode), but it does nothing from there.

Anyone have any suggestions. I know i could take it back to Verizon to be replaced, but i trust that you guys/gals know something that i can do to salvage my phone.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Dang, i was sure hoping not to have to do that.

I figured i would wake up this morning to a whole list of things to try ;)
I dl'ed the file for the manual update from last month. I may try to install that thru the HTC sync software. I was wondering if i could dl the apk file for a home replacment to my laptop, then install via the sync? I don't know if that would get me back to a home screen so i could uninstall some stuff or do a hard reset.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Solution found (i think):
I found the apk file for panda home, installed using htc sync. It then showed up on my phone screen to complete the install and asked if i wanted to open it. I opened panda home and was able to get back into my phone (yea me, lol).
I am currently doing a factory reset and will post if it works (don't know why it wouldn't).

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
had you installed anything after Panda Home, I used it and went back to SENSE and the regular HOME after for a bit and I didn't have any force closes on my Hero. I did have a bunch of issues when I was using dxtop and I had installed bunch of widgets to replace the HTC ones, I had to uninstall them all before anything would work again

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure what actually caused the force close for Sense, i did install several widgets though. Panda home was the only home replacement i had on it though.

Yes, it did work. Took less than 10 minutes to do after i finally found the apk file. I installed it using HTC sync, then i did a factory (hard) reset and put in my gmail address. All my stuff was back on. Went in to the market app and it had all my free apps in there to redownload. I thought i would have to look for them again.
Big change coming from Blackberry where it takes longer than that just to get the phone restarted after a reset ;). Not to mention i installed all my apps at the same time without having to restart even once. With my BB i would install one, restart, install another, restart, etc. taking up half a day.
I <3 Android!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1