Eris Reception

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
hey, i was wondering if anyone had complaints about low signal strength on the Eris? my wifes gets 1 bar of service in our house..if we're lucky.

my Droid gets full service...

any suggestions?

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
hey, i was wondering if anyone had complaints about low signal strength on the Eris? my wifes gets 1 bar of service in our house..if we're lucky.

my Droid gets full service...

any suggestions?

My Eris seems to show less bars than my other phones. But it doesn't drop my calls and thats all that really matters.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah because you still get voice at 1X which is digital even when you have no bars. I love Verizon for that. By the way have you guys updated your PRL's?

zymog

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
One idea I tried: on both phones go to menu, settings, about phone, phone status. Then do a side by side compare of the signal as indicated in dbm to see if the signal is similar. I had an Eris and had the same question, a friend with a droid came over and we compared the dbm in settings and both had the same signal level, even though the droid indicated more bars than the eris.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have found that quite often the number of bars displayed as signal strength is not a completely accurate indication of actual signal strength on all of the phones I have owned.

Ryobi

Banned
Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Often times I will call, have no bars, check under settings and the signal strength will show zero dbm and the call will be perfect. I called verizon tech support when I first got my eris and this happened while I was on the phone with them.

Support advised me to go to a store and get a replacement device. I did and it's the same. Must be some software glitch. It's probably related to the one that shows the eris as being a rev a device, but it doesn't show that.

jbdan

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I get less bars on my Eris when looking side by side at my Blackberry. Call quality is same though and never get dropped calls with Eris. I think it's how Eris's bar graph represents it's 3G signal strength?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Update Roaming Capabilities

what are PRLs and how do you update them?

to update the PRL... aka Roaming Capabilities

turn phone app/function on, then dial *228, wait for the prompt then dial 2... the phone will update data and reboot.

See how your reception is? May help in certain areas, may not.

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
...im a verizon employee..

so my PRLs are up to date. software up to date.

eris is @ 0 - -97 dBm. Droid is staying at -97

i jsut did a #832 test call, and it dropped it.

i just fru'd her phone out...if the issue keeps happening. ima be calling Care and getting them to switch her into a Palm Pixi or something...or hell, get her into a DROID.

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
not to double post...

but yeah, i jsut did a test call from her phone to mine (the new one), and it dropped the call after 45 seconds. PRL is up to date and everything.

im really starting to hate the Eris...unfortuantly, I dont think she can handle the Droid...and shes become a smartphone addict.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar