New User Question: Notifications

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
hey all,

On day 4 of using the Eris after being on blackberry for years. I have a question about notifications--first, there are way too friggin many. I can't handle clearing them every few minutes I guess but...

When there is a notification for, say, a text message, I can open the text, and then even reply, but the notification in the top bar still exists? Is there any way to avoid that? Isn't the Android OS "smart" enough to know that it's not a new notification anymore?

Last edited:

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
To not have this issue instead of using the app to check your txt go to it via the notification bar. It might be because you're using a different messaging app too check to see if your stock on is disabled.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Open up the stock app and go into settings and cripple that SOB. lol but yeah uncheck and disable everything you think looks appropriate.

doll

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Im in week 2 (i think) of android world and the notifications are still a little overwhelming at times. At 2 am today i was woken up by my led flashing like mad. I got excited for a split second thinking the new update had snuck in like Santa, only to find a red notification of a missing child alert:confused: I wonder what other notifications Droid can/will get.??