Bad 3g Connection Problems?

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
So my girl has an Eris and I have a Droid. My connection all day has been 3g w three or four bars, rarely two bars... Her Eris, however, has been zero to one bar or 1x all day... Any idea what's going on? Any other Eris users experiencing bad connection???

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, doesn't look like that solved it.... any other suggestions? Makes no sense... right now I have four bars... her phone is right next to mine w 0 bars ugh

cryptiq

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this reported in various forums. The general consensus has been the signal indicator isn't an accurate measurement of your actual signal strength. If you think there's actually an issue, you can use an app such as SpeedTest.net to validate your concern.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
there is also the possibility that it is a bad phone and needs replaced. have you talked to a rep? if you really complain you might get a new phone. The worse they can do is refuse you.

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it does seem to be an issue, not just a bad indicator... youtube videos hardly ever work, browsing slow as can be.... talked to a rep and they said they could do certain tests but since its within 30 days that I should just return it for a new one... thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech