FYI - there is a new OTA rolling out for the Eris (March 2011)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Apparently HTC and Verizon Wireless are rolling out a small over the air update to the Eris right now. People on androidforums and xda-developers are reporting that they are receiving this update.

There is information about the update here: Software Update: DROID Eris by HTC

The first PDF lists a number of features, namely:

+ Improved Bluetooth connection performance with Mercedes-Benz E350 automobiles.

+ New Twitter authentication allows users to login to their accounts with ease.

+ The Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) display, showcasing the strength of the incoming signal on the
device, has been visually improved.

+ Visual Voice Mail (v1.0.19) now comes preloaded.

+ Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 calendars can now be synced with the device.

+ Videos, pictures, and audio multimedia messages can be sent and received with or without text included.

+ Videos, pictures, and audio multimedia messages sent to devices on other wireless carrier networks will be received

If you're still stock, you should be getting this soon.

Mijam6284

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I for one am glad for it. Verizon and HTC threw us a small bone. I'm not brave enough to install a custom rom and I refuse to buy a new phone until I am eligible for a discount. So I have 4 months left!!! I don't think I have as many complaints about my eris as I see on this board. But sometimes it slows down to a crawl. Especially when I want to show someone a pic or a video. Hang in there stock Eris users!

Busbar

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ha... I forgot that I'm rooted, so I "accepted" the update... of course it failed... Guess I need to call Customer Care, lol.

djneytowe

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I got this update last night which i nice but did anyone else have their contacts mess up. I have some people linked to their facebook and after the update none of them are matching up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv