Eris and Thunderbird email

tere12

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a yahoo email account and a mac email accout that I get through Thunderbird.
I get both of my Yahoo and Mac emails using Thunderbird in my PC.

I have set up my Eris to receive my Yahoo and Mac emails.
But for some reason, when I delete my Mac email from my Eris, it is also deleted from Thunderbird AND from my Mac server.

Does anyone here use Thunderbird as their email application, and does your deleted email disappear from the server too?
Thanks for any feedback.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are using IMAP to connect to your MobileMe/.mac email account, that would be expected behavior - delete an email from any location (phone, web or mail client) and it will be deleted from all places.

If you use POP3 instead, that should not happen (though you'll want to make sure that you have only one account set to delete mail from the account when you delete it from that place), though the item "read" status will not be synced, either.

tere12

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Eris and Mac email

hi, thanks for taking the time to help. I was beginning to think it was an IMAP issue, and you have confirmed it. Everything you say makes perfect sense, except you lost me here:
(though you'll want to make sure that you have only one account set to delete mail from the account when you delete it from that place), though the item "read" status will not be synced, either.

can you explain that part a little bit more so I can understand?
thanks very much!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie