Switching to moto.

dfine06

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Soooo I hate too say it but I'm trading to the moto Droid. Someone is actually willing to take my eris for it. I don't know I think I really just need a faster phone and I really want 2.1 let alone at least 2.0. So what are your thoughts. Plus I wouldn't mind having that pyshical keyboard now that I think about it and realized how slow this one is sadly. And I can get the sweet dock and Google nav. Etc. sorry haha but I'm excited.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I could definitely understand your excitement. I was in the shoes of having to decide not too long ago, and it was a tough decision. I could go with the smaller form factor, easy UI of the Eris, or go with the more powerful, better OS of the DROID. The screen on the DROID is amazing, the battery life has been great, and I have been very pleased. The keyboard is a huge plus ( I exchange a LOT of emails daily ) and the overall feel of the phone is just great.

I think if you will enjoy the use of the DROID it is a good trade for you. Not everyone may think it is a great move, but if it works out for you, that's all that really matters.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm right there with ya my sister has a Eris too so I'm just get my fill of that from her but I'm going to get my Dad's droid as soon as he gets a storm 2:D

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Don't blame you one bit... I posted a couple of days ago that I was at the VZ store because my wife's phone was acting up. After toying around for about 2 minutes with the MotoDroid, I instantly regretted not getting it. All this waiting for the Eris to be updated to 2.0/2.1 has really ticked me off. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a definitive time for the update but that + all the added rumors/speculation only added to my ire. Good luck to you and enjoy for all of us here, green with friggin envy!!!!

dfine06

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I feel like sense and 2.1 would be cool but at the same time there's nothing other than a couple of widgets that would be the difference between this and the Droid and the Droid is still faster. And I'm pretty sure I can get something like open home or beautiful widgets that will give me more than.3 home screens right?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well there are many options to get 5 screens. Honestly. I had 5 screens, and used well 3 of them and not even entirely. But yeah you can make it happen but beautiful widgets is just for adding widgets, not more home screen pages.

You will probably be pretty happy with the DROID from what you have said.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
One thing you will miss for sure is the fact that the Eris looks and feels MUCH better than the droid. It's more Iphone style and i'd say gets more looks than the droid. Just a thought.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i am still holding out for an update to 2.1 If the eris dosen't dramatically improve than I am gone. The good news is that several options are starting to open for us:
1. The droid
2. nexus one
3.The Desire looks really promising.
There was talk of the HTC Incredible but I think it will be packaged as the Desire. It is also rumored through MWC that the Desire may be verizons answer to the nexus.
You know what they say, good things come to those that wait.

dfine06

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I really need peoples opinions cause now we are getting 2.1 for sure. But the droids screen is still superior and judging by the videos of sense 2.1 it looks goid but nothing that's really a huge deciding factor still other than the few widgets HTC comes with. Thoughts?

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you can get a Droid, GO FOR IT!! The faster processor, and much improved screen in themselves are worth it. Sure, the keyboard sucks (but comes in handy), but the on-screen one is on par with the Eris. I would love to have Sense on my Droid, but I have come to appreciate the simplicity of having only 3 screens. Yes, I have other home screen replacements on my phone, I always switch between the stock one and GDE. GDE has a theme available that looks almost just like the Eris called Hero. Seidio makes cases that work with all their other accessories for the Droid.
As people will say, it is up to you and what you like. Personally I am so glad I was able to get the Droid, even though I still prefer the form factor of the Eris. Cheers

jmart603

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
i am still holding out for an update to 2.1 If the eris dosen't dramatically improve than I am gone. The good news is that several options are starting to open for us:
1. The droid
2. nexus one
3.The Desire looks really promising.
There was talk of the HTC Incredible but I think it will be packaged as the Desire. It is also rumored through MWC that the Desire may be verizons answer to the nexus.
You know what they say, good things come to those that wait.

Why would the Desire be Verizon's answer to the Nexus? Verizon is getting the Nexus, probably before or at the same time...So if it is getting it, why does it need an answer for it?

However, I think that if Verizon gets the Nexus and the Desire, and no other companies get Android phones soon (not many (good ones) have been rumored except maybe the Supersonic for Sprint), Verizon has a tough Android line-up to beat.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Why would the Desire be Verizon's answer to the Nexus? Verizon is getting the Nexus, probably before or at the same time...So if it is getting it, why does it need an answer for it?

Google will be selling a Nexus One that offers Verizon service, but, based on what Google did with the Nexus One with T-Mobile, Verizon will not be "geting it". In other words, you will not be able to buy a Nexus One from Verizon Wireless - only from Google.

dfine06

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well i made the switch. First off. I can definately tell its faster. its pretty crazy how i can tell caus ei use my phone non stop all day. i love the larger screen it looks fantastic and makes the whole experience that much better. I love the keyboard which is of course personal pref but i use it all thhe time and type ten times faster than than eris. Dont get me wrong i loved the eris but the droid is all around great. Now all i need is 2.1. i have open home and 5 home screens now makes me feel at home since i dont have the eris anymore.. Feels great in my hand esp typing. but i think the speed is what really gets me and makes me like it. i wanna get the sholes and cpu to overclock but im a little nervouse cause i dont know my stuff yet even thos its pretty simple with those apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49