task killer

joe_5962

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm using task killer, so does using it slow my phone down and does it use up more battery? If so do I need to un-install it? Thanks Joe

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey Joe... I dont have my Eris yet, however when I had a Moto Droid, I didn't see a difference in letting the android os manage memory vs task killer. I ended up uninstalling it.

YMMV

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using task killer, so does using it slow my phone down and does it use up more battery? If so do I need to un-install it? Thanks Joe

I've tried running with and without, with multiple task manager apps, multiple times. It's been my experience that the phone runs better without them, but the difference is hard to notice.

The major reason that I have stopped using for good, however, was when I realized that the phone had not notified me of an upcoming event. I was obviously careless and let the manager kill something that it should not have, but one of the major reasons I went electronic with my calendar in 1999 was after missing a critical meeting and getting deservedly scolded. That has not happened since (luckily, this time I didn't need the reminder.)

That's my two cents ...

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
On off, install uninstall... same story. Same sides. hehe.

Assuming you use it wisely it helps only a tad. Assuming you are aware of what you kill off, it helps. Assuming your not running it 247 it improves performance.

If you kill off things like calendar, or clock, then you'll run into above mentioned issues alarms not firing, calendars being off. To avoid such issues, use whatever task killer program's Ingore function. Problem solved.

Performance(battery), disable their(the killer) notification status that is often a part of their use, and do not use the widget functions. That allows them to run in the background. Just use the short cut to turn the killer on. You will not see any performance degradation if you do this.

Battery life, it does help, because you kill off all things you know you dont want on. And you discover random things turning on like LastFm (I wish they would just give you the option to tell it not to turn on randomly in the background). So, yes, they can help you with battery life.

If your a nerd, or OCD, then use the app (I do). If you could care less about managing your phone, and just want to use it like a regular old common user, don't use it you'll be just fine.

Choice is yours, use it or not... to be or not to be.... that is always the question of the month :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae