Better Keyboard

sgm-co

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone make a recommendation for a nice skin with bigger keys? I've downloaded a bunch of skins...but they all seem to be close to the same size.

Thanks
SGM

JKib#AC

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Same thing I found out. I think Better Keyboard was designed prior to the Eris, as the default keyboard on the Eris seems "better".

I played around with SlideKeyboard (not to be confused with SlideIt). It certainly has big keys, but I couldn't get the hang of it.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I find the stock keyboard better than bettery keyboard, but I've been testing Swype and i've not wanted to go back to the stock keyboard :). I'm alpha testing Swiftkey next week so hopefully they can beat the stock eris keyboard, and/or swype, but im an avid/daily swype user now =-)

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Have you tried Oil Slick? Thats my favorite skin so far.

Also, swype was cool, but check out SlideIt. IMO it has potential to be a better alternative then swype. i prefer the layout of the word predictions

JKib#AC

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for SlideIt. As mentioned, I tried Better Keyboard and didn't think it was better. I've tried Swype, but it's a memory hog. Shapewriter is good, but currently SlideIt is what I'm using (btw: In comunication with SlideIt support and they sd an update is pending for SlideIt...Also in communication with ShapeWriter who also claim an update is coming).

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I find the stock keyboard better than bettery keyboard, but I've been testing Swype and i've not wanted to go back to the stock keyboard :). I'm alpha testing Swiftkey next week so hopefully they can beat the stock eris keyboard, and/or swype, but im an avid/daily swype user now =-)

can you PM me the latest APK for SwiftKey by any chance?

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

there already on alpha testing? do all beta testers get it you just a couple people?

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Swype was too slow and a memory hog. I have it installed still but it tends to be slow when I use it. Do you have the APK for SwiftKey? I signed up but haven't received anything yet? I'm using the default skin for Better Keyboard by the way

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys, I dont want to break the agreement im under for testing, its a good keyboard, definitely worth trying out. But I think im sticking with Swype. But for those who dont like the stock keyboard and dont like swype, its definitely work a look. We've been testing the final alpha version, and looks like its coming out very soon, whatever that means. heh

hakoreh, email them again, they are still accepting people I believe, unless they are in the final stages so it "may" be to late, but they keep welcoming new people in the apk update emails.

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys, I dont want to break the agreement im under for testing, its a good keyboard, definitely worth trying out. But I think im sticking with Swype. But for those who dont like the stock keyboard and dont like swype, its definitely work a look. We've been testing the final alpha version, and looks like its coming out very soon, whatever that means. heh

hakoreh, email them again, they are still accepting people I believe, unless they are in the final stages so it "may" be to late, but they keep welcoming new people in the apk update emails.

is there a guide to swift key anywhere? it makes me feel like i'm typing slower because i'm looking at the words on screen trying to see which is best.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
The best keyboard I have found for large keys, as well as the best dictionary, and I have used nearly all of them, is the HTC IME keyboard. It rocks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel