Eris not seeing home network

sbrashear

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I just got my Eris yesterday. Everything thing is going fairly smoothly. However, it refuses to see my home network. I am using a Linksys WRT400N dual band router with WPA/WPA2 personal security. When I try to enter manually, it doesn't find the network either. My GF got a Moto Droid and it works with it flawlessly. Any suggestions? I did a search and could not find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

sbrashear

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
OK. I got a fix for this if any others are wondering. I changed the encryption from WPA-TKIP or WPA2-AES to AES. It was also fixed when I changed the network from mixed to G only.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, AES (which is the encryption used by WPA2, but can also be used by WPA) is more secure than TKIP. Unless you have other devices that cannot support WPA2, WPA2 really is a better choice.

I have a WRT160N running in mixed mode (n/g/b) with WPA2 and my Eris connects to it, with only occasional issues (every once in a while it will fail, for some reason, and you'll need to manually reconnect to the access point.)

sbrashear

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
doogald - Thanks for that info. I was wondering about the difference between TKIP and AES. I think it uses WPA and WPA2 by default. Now my iPod Touch will connect with the network as well. Hopefully the Wii and the XBox 360 will connect as well. I haven't had a chance to check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae