My Cheek Keeps Hanging Up Calls

teachmonster

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
How do I keep my cheek from hitting the "End Call" button? I've tried pressing the home screen button after the call is connected, but then my cheek ends up opening applications or text messaging. It's driving me NUTS. Any suggestions?

I noticed in the top bar when a call is active it has a green open lock symbol with a phone - is there anyway to lock the phone while you're talking on it? I can't find anything in the manual.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats weird the key pad usually shuts off whenever you put the phone to your face? How long has this been happening ? any correlations to new apps installed, maybe?

teachmonster

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It's been happening nearly the whole time I've had it. Maybe when I lean it on my shoulder it triggers the end button and then my cheek hangs up? Regardless, it's incredibly frustrating. The only applications I've installed recently have been games - tetris, spades, etc. Could that be triggering it?

PJX

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Your Eris has a proximity sensor at the top left of the face that is supposed to disable the screen while you chat with your grandma. Try calling your voicemail and put your finger over the little sensor. If it doesn't shut the screen off, try turning the phone off and on, and if THAT doesn't work try a hard reset before going to VZW to get more help or a replacement.

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
there is a proximity right above and to the left of the big V logo, you can call VM and cover it with your thumb you can't do anything not even the hard end and send buttons work, you need to uncover to do anything.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The prox sensor doesn't handle hair very well sometimes. If you have long hair, try pulling your hair behind your ear and see if the screen shuts off on a call.