Post Droid Eris 2.1 Findings HERE

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Since the upgrade Handcent has had problems sending Text Messages. only about 75% go through on the first try and 25% need to be resent. and at times my phone jumps from 3g to 1X then back to 3G and then back to 1X and so on, then it seems to settle on 3G for a while and maybe a half hour or hour later begins doing this again.

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Now i'm being told that Handcent it giving me the error that these aren't being sent but in reality they are being sent and when i resend it sends it as a duplicate message. Which means everybody gets my texts 2 times. Anybody else having this issue and do you think its a Handcent and 2.1 issue, or a 2.1 issue or a handcent issue?

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
i also installed a task manager and have noticed that without doing anything different than i used to do suddenly since the update my battery drains extremely quickly and Visual Voicmail, Voice Dialer, and MP3 Store open on their own. I can't uninstall them and they keep opening and running without me even opening anything related to them. Does anybody else have this happening as well?

G

GenericMessage

it seems as if google is saying only phones with a snapdragon level processor or better will get LWP, as even the droid isn't supposed to get them in it's 2.1r1 update.

Actually the REAL update of 2.1 for Droid is supposed to have LWP. And perhaps the real update for Eris will as well.

keitheronie

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Since the upgrade Handcent has had problems sending Text Messages. only about 75% go through on the first try and 25% need to be resent. and at times my phone jumps from 3g to 1X then back to 3G and then back to 1X and so on, then it seems to settle on 3G for a while and maybe a half hour or hour later begins doing this again.

i have noticed that my phone goes back and forth from 3G to 1X when i am sending or receiving a text message and making or receiving a phone call. i believe it has something to do with the way the network is set up.

jeffgman

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i have noticed that my phone goes back and forth from 3G to 1X when i am sending or receiving a text message and making or receiving a phone call. i believe it has something to do with the way the network is set up.

Phone and text messages run over the 1x network. The 3G network is only for data (e-mail and web).

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
question, if we have played with this and are not crazy about, can we still get the official ota from verizon?
I have been playing with this all day. Here are problems i have seen:
1. while playing music, calls can't be recieved.
2. can't download new HTC widgets(the new cool ones that we all wanted)
3. eris is slowed down

Pros:
1. the new calender(agenda view) is nice.
2. menu is nicer/smoother
3. Market is awesome
4. navigation and maps are great (we need a car dock,like droids to maximize this)
These are just a few things I have noted.

keitheronie

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

i have noticed that my phone, still on 1.5, goes back and forth from 3G to 1X when i am sending or receiving a text message and making or receiving a phone call. i believe it has something to do with the way the network is set up.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm also, maybe, noticing some apps load faster than before. ES File Explorer seems to and a few others, but this could just be the new car fever.

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I love the leak it so great the only thing i noitced some apps dont work, and so on i kinda hope we can still get the main one cause there is some weird things on it like what that other guy said somethings are missing

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
stuff loads faster for sure battery seems to last long but it might just be cause i changed to the extended battery same day i changed to 2.1 xD

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same problem with handcent. I uninstalled and installed again and haven't had anymore problems so far.
I really love the update. It is a lot more responsive. Battery life is as good as before and maybe a bit better. Not sure cuz I've used navigation several times today which I didn't do with 1.5.
I had also read that live wallpapers would not work on the Eris. That's fine with me. Theres enough improvement here that I don't care about that.
The Eris with 2.1 is vastly better than it was with 1.5. It's still not gonna match the speed of the Droid or nexus one but its definitely a huge improvement and I loved my Eris before this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid