suggest apps for 2.1 users

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
I didn't check the apps subforum, so feel free to move or delete this if necessary.

This is a place for users to post suggestions/reviews for apps that we can now use with the leak of 2.1. If you have a link for ota download, post that too please

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I'd throw in the app "Google Goggles". Take a picture of something, it scans the item and searches the web for it. Really cool

mfs

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
This probably goes without mentioning, but make sure to upgrade to nav. I can't believe HOW GOOD nav is, much better than my dedicated TomTom. I just returned from a business trip and decided not to get a GPS with my car rental (which I usually do) and instead just used my Eris with nav. Sweet!

luanemb

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Latest "Best Apps for Eris" ??

I just bought my Eris (love it!) and am looking for good applications for it -- productivity and utilities more than games. Most of the "50 best apps" postings and articles are from back in November.

Am I right in assuming a lot has changed in the Droid applications world in the last few months? Especially in light of the 2.1 release...

How about an UPDATED list of the 10 best apps both for 1.5 and for the new 2.0 (2.1?) operating system.

-L

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This probably goes without mentioning, but make sure to upgrade to nav. I can't believe HOW GOOD nav is, much better than my dedicated TomTom. I just returned from a business trip and decided not to get a GPS with my car rental (which I usually do) and instead just used my Eris with nav. Sweet!

I agree, NAV is SWEET on 2.1, I also just discovered Waze, the main reason I enjoy it more than google Nav is the ability to see reports from other users on traffic cameras, speed traps and traffic accidents, ability to avoid highways and more settings. It also includes turn by turn navigation, but I dont know if this was available on 1.5 OS ??? but, I still enjoy google nav, just wish it would steal some of the Waze app abilities.