clock and weather widget

jdeguzman

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to "lock" you location? Obviously the weather changes as you travel but I just want mine to stay on Chicago and not change to surrounding suburbs as I travel.

joshread

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine rarely shows the weather right where I am. I mean, the location that's showed is close to me, about a 20 minute drive away, but I'd prefer it show my actual location. It does every once in a while, though, which is weird.

mdecker

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
It takes in to count what service tower it is pulling its information from. That is how it determines the city. The tower that you are pulling the information from may be set to show a certain city, even if it is 20 minutes away.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If you set a city, and remove the check from "current" user, problem solved always checks for just the set town.

If you want to keep location up to date, the key is remove the HTC weather widget, and add it back, when its asking you for the size, the next thing it asks is to select the city. At this point you can tell it to stick to just one city. But, I prefer to use current location. Once you're setup, click on the widget, and hit menu, setup, now you can tell it to update automatically and the frequency, here is where you want it to check every hour or 30mins if your always on the move so it updates more frequently.

Mine actually always updates based on GPS location as I drive home (love it).

I was using the HTC weather widget, but i've since switched to the Ported NexusOne Genie Weather and News widget. basically the same, but it pulls data from weather channel. Same thing you get the choice to use location, or hard set one location.

Last edited:

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
there's always beautiful widgets and weather bug -- you can set the location manually and determine the update frequency and turn off GPS-based updates.

Sorry, if that's what you're already doing. I'm not familiar with stock apps of Eris and don't know if you're issue is based on stock apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz