03-16-2010 07:58 AM
30 12
tools
    Im said about this but if it is true from the incridable coming out next month with sense UI as well the eris is basically dead and i still have to have this phone for another year before my next upgrade so im kinda sad, i just hope that we droid eris people will stick together and at least get a root or something

LONG LIVE HTC DROID ERIS
    P.S Please pick me for the case xD
    03-09-2010 12:09 PM
    i agree.. it sucks but there will still be plenty of people with the phone, it's not like the community will just die. plus the incredible isn't out yet.
    03-09-2010 12:11 PM
    yeah it is sad if its true, but with the rate this phones come and go it wouldnt be surprising. give me the 2.1 and ill be more than happy with my eris until its time to upgrade. by then god knows what phones will be out to pick from then!!
    03-09-2010 12:23 PM
    Now it will be rare and a collector's item.
    03-09-2010 12:37 PM
    The Eris will still be around, heck I know alot of people that are still sporting their BB Pearl.
    03-09-2010 12:38 PM
    I got mine on release date, and am stuck with it for a good long while. That said I just want 2.1, and I am good. Forced upgrades are the nature of this beast. Get used to it or don't play.

Besides the phones coming in late 2011 will make everything out now look like dirt.
    03-09-2010 01:21 PM
    even if the Eris is dead, it will make a GREAT PDA for my kid, once root comes out and we can diasble the phone feature.

come on, PDA with full wifi, bluetooth, music, GPS and more... that blows my Sony Clia PDA out of the water... the Eris can be retired as a toy for the kids =)
    03-09-2010 01:28 PM
    even if the Eris is dead, it will make a GREAT PDA for my kid, once root comes out and we can diasble the phone feature.

come on, PDA with full wifi, bluetooth, music, GPS and more... that blows my Sony Clia PDA out of the water... the Eris can be retired as a toy for the kids =)
    that's something i've never thought of and freaking awesome

having that i would be way less sad after i eventually upgrade my eris when something too good to pass up comes out in the next year...
    03-09-2010 01:31 PM
    well, I just got my eris on friday. I personally like it...I'd love to have the latest and greatest but it's almost impossible with smart phones these days.
    03-09-2010 01:45 PM
    im said about this but if it is true from the incridable coming out next month with sense ui as well the eris is basically dead and i still have to have this phone for another year before my next upgrade so im kinda sad, i just hope that we droid eris people will stick together and at least get a root or something

long live htc droid eris
    p.s please pick me for the case xd
    sticking with ya crackmonkey91...love the eris......
    03-09-2010 01:55 PM
    A friend of mine just went in to T-Mobile and brought the G1, imagine having to own that for two years..
    03-09-2010 02:15 PM
    Unless they lower the Moto Droid's cost, the Incredible could not replace the Eris as it is not an entry level phone.
    03-09-2010 02:23 PM
    Yes but they are going to stop selling the Eris or just stop promoting i t?
    03-09-2010 02:25 PM
    Yes but they are going to stop selling the Eris or just stop promoting i t?
    Have they even promoted the eris? I haven't seen a commercial for it.
    03-09-2010 02:33 PM
    What I mean is supporting it and carrying it in their stores.
    03-09-2010 02:40 PM
    Have they even promoted the eris? I haven't seen a commercial for it.
    Verizon had a few of their "map for that" ads that featured the Eris (the Island for Misfit toys), and HTC ran an ad for a while for the Eris.

See
    03-09-2010 03:38 PM
    HTC phones never die. See G1 running CM 2.1 for proof.

it's just very important that the device gets rooted now, which Verizon SHOULD be willing to help since they have discontinued the model long before the original purchasers contracts will expire.

But they wont. They are Verizon.
    03-09-2010 04:42 PM
    I don't believe Verizon is required to sell the phone in their stores for a full two years. I could be mistaken but I'm sure they are allowed to replace it with a different phone when the see fit. Plus it isn't like the phone will no longer function or will no longer recieve updates.

Jason
    03-09-2010 11:05 PM
    Because it's newer , does not make it better? Isn't that right Toyota?
    03-10-2010 03:44 PM
    I find it hard to believe that they're going to kill off the Eris after 5 months. Seems like a lot of R&D money wasted, not only that why are they investing the money in testing the 2.1 update.
    03-10-2010 05:38 PM
    I agree with ERDude. The Incredible might come out but they will still offer the eris. It fills a niche.
    03-11-2010 08:24 PM
    I definitely wouldn't consider the Eris to be in danger of 'dying'. I finally got mine about 36 hours ago and its been the greatest thing since sliced bread. My best friend got her moto Droid about a week ago and after practically stealing mine all last night to play with it, she wants to return hers for an Eris. I know the nexus and incredible are due out soon, but I don't like the nexus, and even the incredible isn't doing it for me. I've come from a line id blackberries and the eris has every one of them beat.
    I usually only last about 6 months with a phone before i have to have the latest and greatest toy available, but even when I had the tour I went about 10 months. My relationship with the eris is without a doubt going to outlast that :P
    03-12-2010 08:48 AM
    I definitely wouldn't consider the Eris to be in danger of 'dying'. I finally got mine about 36 hours ago and its been the greatest thing since sliced bread. My best friend got her moto Droid about a week ago and after practically stealing mine all last night to play with it, she wants to return hers for an Eris. I know the nexus and incredible are due out soon, but I don't like the nexus, and even the incredible isn't doing it for me. I've come from a line id blackberries and the eris has every one of them beat.
    I usually only last about 6 months with a phone before i have to have the latest and greatest toy available, but even when I had the tour I went about 10 months. My relationship with the eris is without a doubt going to outlast that :P
    Glad you're liking your eris. The form factor in my opinion is so much better than the droid. I don't see them getting rid of it either but probably not promoting it at all, not that they have promoted it very much anyway. With 2.1 its very competitive with other phones on the market at a much better price. Just doesn't have the "geek" factor reputation of other phones.
    03-12-2010 09:10 AM
    I've been wanting to get an Android phone, but can't decide which. If Eris goes away in two weeks, I can't justify getting it. However, I've gone to two Verizon stores and a Best Buy and specifically asked about the Eris being discontinued. The Verizon stores denied it outright and Best Buy said something vague like, "it will slowly be phased out". I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks, but would actually like the Eris at Best Buy's price of $0.00!
    03-13-2010 12:39 PM
    The eris maybe discontinued but its not going anywhere it may leave the shelves @ the store but they found root so its in your hands even if VZW went crazy and cut off support
    03-15-2010 10:22 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD