Use my phone in ways i haven't thought of?

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I already use my eris as my music player, calendar, to do list, email, texting, alarm clock, etc. Who has a novel idea for how you use your phone that i haven't thought of yet?

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I know a gentleman who uses his Android phone to track inventory in his woodwork shop via QR codes and sqlite3 databases.

He builds custom caskets :)

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I have been waiting for that blioreader software to come out for the book reading app. Haven't been too impressed with the other book readers so far.
The tracking inventory thing is interesting. That could have several applications really.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I was using waze before this 2.1 leak but haven't since google nav came along. Gmote sounds interesting. I also got the new mlb at bat app so I can check up on and listen to my beloved cubs at all times. Its a really nice app.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Use barcode scanner to check prices that are on clearance and see what i could sell it foR on ebay....is that fair?

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I used my Eris to convert an old cassette tape of multiplication songs to .wav files so all the 3rd grade teachers could use them in class from the network. I teach in an elementary school with mostly women, including my wife. Apparently they've been sharing this tape for years. All it took was my Eris, the herz app so I could record in a higher quality than the stock voice recorder, and a planning period.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I used my Eris to convert an old cassette tape of multiplication songs to .wav files so all the 3rd grade teachers could use them in class from the network. I teach in an elementary school with mostly women, including my wife. Apparently they've been sharing this tape for years. All it took was my Eris, the herz app so I could record in a higher quality than the stock voice recorder, and a planning period.

I love that idea! I would love to hear more uses for education too...I'm a "non traditional" student back in college getting my teaching certificate. So ideas for college student use as well as uses for the other side of the desk would be great to hear.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I already use my eris as my music player, calendar, to do list, email, texting, alarm clock, etc. Who has a novel idea for how you use your phone that i haven't thought of yet?

I'll have to agree about the calender and to do list use that often, had blackberrys and never did that on those :p

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
The youtube app came in very handy when taking my daughter to the dr yesterday. Gotta love being able to pull up dora anytime you need to!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I use Google Maps for my GPS and have enjoyed that. I've come to prefer the overhead view as well - especially when traffic gets thick, so I can easily and quickly find a way around it.

Also, if you hike, jog, bike or even walk, there's a good app called My Tracks that will record your route and all the statistics (duration, speed, climb, elevation, etc). I've found it to be a little inconsistent in some ways, but for free, it ain't bad.

I downloaded some games for my kids (5 & 7) and use that as a reward. They'll draw pics that I can then use as my backgrounds - they love that!

I was a big fan of XM satellite radio, but when they merged with Sirius, I lost some of my favorite channels. I wound up using Pandora to basically recreate a couple of them and often will listen to that now instead of my XM/Sirius.

PDANet is one of my favorite apps, and one of the first ones I downloaded, because it allows me to use my Eris as my modem for my laptop for free. I get about 4mb/sec with it. One of my must-haves!

Last, I work in sales at UPS and you can access your UPS.com from the mobile phone and do everything you can do from your PC - including shipping a package. Just hooked a customer up with that today for his iPhone. Very cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon