droid eris !!

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
who is excited for this on verizon. I wonder if it will have the same guts as the sprint version or will it be beefed up for verizon? let me hear what you think.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm excited, but moreso in that there is going to be multiple android phones for verizon and that it's dropping soon. personally i'm getting the droid.

if anything maybe it'll be running the 800mhz ARM11, but i don't see anything like an A8 processor in this thing. from the buzz, they're saying it's fast, so hopefully it has more than the 528MHz we're seeing in current devices.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the all important processor spec is missing!
along with the amount of memory on the device

i do like the black finish

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
you can get a hero for gsm (euro version) but you won't get 3g on it. It will work with any gsm carrier if you have it unlocked.

mcbtrain929

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
will it have the free gps navigation thing like the moto droid? also, besides no physical keyboard (which all reports on the moto droid are it sucks anyways) and 2.0 vs 1.5, any other big differences between the two? this will be my first smartphone, and am going back and forth between the droid, eris, storm2, or wait for the tour2.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
no free google navigation until HTC updates Sense to work on 2.0 which could be anywhere from weeks to months from now, but rest assured it is coming.

the biggest differences b/t the moto and the eris are the hardware specs underneath. the droid is a beast with a blazing processor, seperate graphics processor, more RAM, bigger higher res screen, dual LED flash camera, and the physical keyboard.

the eris is older specs, but at a cheaper price, and is a more traditional design that weighs less and is thinner, and of course running the pretty SenseUI

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10