Gmail Sync Question

Pk39

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed in various threads that people discuss setting up their gmail to sync up, or check for mail, once every 30 mins/hour/etc. I can't for the life of me find where to do this...all I can find is turning auto-sync on or off...I'd like to be able to set my gmail to only check for mail once every 30 minutes, if that's possible. I'm probably just being stupid, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You have to use the Mail application for this with IMAP (or POP) access, rather than the Gmail app. That allows you to set up the mail server for various polling intervals.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
this might just be me but isnt the built in one better since it updates like a min after you get the email or somettimes sooner

I agree, but the original poster was asking about getting email on a schedule, not pushed when it is sent.

To add to my first post, after setting up IMAP or POP access in the Mail app you would also want to go (from home) into Settings>Data Synchronization>Google and turn off gmail automatic sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci