annoying keyboard suggestions

sjankis630

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I have a problem with the HTC keyboard on my eris. Sometimes when I am typing in a username or a search. The keyboard starts the green word suggestion but I don't want that word but when I finish my word the "green" suggested word is input instead.
I hope this makes some sense. It doesn't happen all the time but often enough to drive me crazy. Usually this occurs on google searches or logins.
any help on this is greatly appreciated.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This is by design. To the left (usually) of the green selection is what you actually typed. You can select that to override the replacement, or you can choose another suggestion. Or, if you click on the second icon from the left on the bottom row, which looks like a gear, that opens the keyboard settings. Choose "text input", then you can turn off prediction.

sjankis630

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
doogald,
Thank you for the response. I have seen what I charged on the left but could not figure out how to select it as the default. I thought I had already gone into the settings and turned off suggestions. it still shows up from time to time. I will try this again when I am using my phone to login to a site. I tried everything in my power to "select" what I had typed but it still gave me the suggested one.
It is especially annoying when I type in a 3- 4 word search and the suggestion is just the first letter of the first word and then the search goes to a search of the letter.
I hope to get better on this thing (i have a 2 year contract) and would like to actually be one of the people contributing answers here instead of asking all the time.
Thanks again.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
My favorite prediction was the first time I put in LMAO it gave me 'Knapsack' <3 <3 <3

Usually once you click the word that you meant to type and not the prediction, it'll save the word to the dictionary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey