How are you buying Droid?

How are you buying Droid?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My first choice is in the store, so I can inspect it for defects before I leave. But Verizon seems to launch everything online first, so that will probably be the route I go.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
My first choice is in the store, so I can inspect it for defects before I leave. But Verizon seems to launch everything online first, so that will probably be the route I go.

I've heard Verizon posted pictures of you up in every single store in Seattle to watch for returns... any truth behind this? :p

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
in the store, my friend always helps me out with my verizon stuff. plus i like to check it out and make sure it's setup and working before i leave the store.

and 99% i'm really impatient, and since it's launching on a friday, there's no way i'd get it shipped to me before monday. the store being like 4 blocks from home, i'm going to go when they open and pick one up. hopefully with a home dock. :D

Reactions: curtis1973

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
and since it's launching on a friday, there's no way i'd get it shipped to me before monday.

They launched the Touch Pro 2 on a Friday too, September the 11th, nonetheless. I really didn't understand that decision. Anyway for those of you who order through customer service, they do have a Saturday delivery option for $20 if you specifically request it.

And no Jeremy, I am not the Verizon "Can you hear me now?" guy.

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I just got my Tour as part of the employee phone program, and since I'm within 30 days, I'm going to eat the restocking fee and setup my return on Monday. Local store isn't an option for me, as employees have to deal specifically with employee accounts.

anon(2112)

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I work next door to a Verizon store and will get one on my lunch. There are pros and cons to each purchase method. Online will likely give you an instant $100 rebate and in store you may have to mail-in rebate for a $100 debit card. At least this is similar to what's being done for the Storm 2.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Talked to local store yesterday. They put my name on one, they have 50 and gave an appointment for 9am then they open.

atlbuc

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Returning my HTC Hero and switching to Verizon from Sprint. Hopefully Best Buy will have the accessories so I can use the $50 gift card for them.

Remnever

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'll head to Verizon store. I went to BB last night and they had no idea what I was talking about. I'd rather just go to the Verizon store so I can get the correct discounts and contract stuff. I'll let my wife handle the rebate nightmare.

atlbuc

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I just did a pre-order at BB, and got the $50 GC, but I thought that the GC went toward the purchase of the Droid. What am I missing?

Thats what I thought too but we are getting conflicting info on these boards. I'm gonna call Best Buy tomorrow.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
i dont want to deal with store reps..i will order online and get my rebate asap instead of waiting 5 weeks

anon(2112)

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Strongly considering this option as well on Verizon's website. I called Verizon today and they said the $100 rebate would be instant online. And you can get free overnight shipping. Only downside is since it's available on a Friday you'll have to wait till Monday for Fedex delivery. Don't know if I can wait that long. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci