Charging Problem

Mennah Bennis

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My phone doesn't want to charge even though the LED light is red , it says in the power settings that the phone is charged with the USB but there is no actual charging and the percentage of charging doesn't want to increase at all , and with time the charge decreases as if there is no charging done at all... I tried removing the charge and putting it again but still same problem I even reset my phone but nothing changed with this problem...is there something I can do to fix it?? Thanks in advance.

KevinSmith14

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, it's strange that I am having the exact same problem as you. I guess doing a search before asking helps...I will post a description of my problem in conjunction with this thread as it appears we may be experiencing the same difficulties.

Over the last week or so, I've had days where the phone would charge fine, and other days where the phone would not charge at all, or would quickly lose battery life. This morning was the worst so far. From a full charge the phone lost 100% battery life in just over an hour. I tried a hard reset as a last ditch effort. The phone is now dead and although it is plugged in with the red charging light, it will not even turn on. If it does manage to get to the home screen it immediately states that it will shut off due to the battery being dead.

I am not sure what to do as the battery works fine some days, and doesn't function at all on others. Is this a normal process for a dying battery? I would assume that it would just slowly deteriorate without any gain in functionality. I can't imagine a rogue app being the reason for the problem as it still exists after a hard reset.

Am I going to have to get a new battery? Should I bring it in to a phone repair shop? Does anybody know what the hell is going on!?

Thanks!

KevinSmith14

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Also, I have noticed that my charge receptacle is loose. I can wiggle it around, and push it back and fourth when the charger is in. I am wondering if this has something to do with the inability to charge.

noorul

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem with my incredible s. it never charged at all when i plugged it to the wall charger, and my usb cord is kinda loose too. ive charged it like more than 12 hours. and when i changed my battery with my mum, same problem happend and she can charged my battery with her phone but i cant charged both when using my phone. seems that the battery is ok. i even used different cables like samsung but the cord seems to loose with all cables :( do u think the cord may caused the battery to not fully charged? and have u solved ur problem? if u did let me know. im going to take my htc to a repair shop tomorrow, ive been using my phone about 2 years + and the warranty was a year ago. sorry for my writing, im not really fluent in english. hope to hear a reply from u asap. thanks :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692