Stuck in boot loop - how to clear cache?

mikebod

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok... so I'm stuck and I've been googling and playing with this thing for about 4 hours now.. I'm stuck.
Basically I got S-OFF, installed the stable cyanogen release and got it up and running. I was having a few issues and just decided to go back to my stock installation. I downloaded the RUU package and flashed the ROM onto my phone. Rebooted, the white HTC screen comes up, and reboots, and reboots and ... well just keeps going. I can get into the HBOOT (volume down + power) and I can see the menu, but if I select RECOVERY or FACTORY RESET the phone just goes back into the reboot loop. I need to get into the menu where I can clear the cache, but I can't get there. Is there a way to flash it or flash the cwm recovery (partition?) without using my pc? I can remove the sd card and put files on it... I was able to re-flash my stock ROM hoping it would help, but it doesn't change the bootloader. I can't connect via USB to the phone... otherwise I think this would be a simple procedure. Maybe it is, I'm just missing something.. I've been at it too long.
If anyone could help... please let me know if I'm not giving enough information, or set me on the right path. Thanks!

-Revolutionary-
VIVO PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.13.1002
RADIO-3805.06.03.16_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 1 2011, 18:34:39

Raman Sharma

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
if its going to CWM recovery mod...then open recovery...try wipe data+cache and dalcik..
then format system ( in mounts)
then flash stock back...it will work

mikebod

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Those options didn't work... just rebooted the phone and started boot loop over again.
I let a friend play with it and he got it working... he was able to connect to it over usb, unlike me. Perhaps my drivers were corrupted on my pc. Either way, it's fixed now.

Ahmed Galal3

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
hey man just install a diff version of ClockworkMod with fastboot commands and recovery will work
i had been stuck in this problem yesterday and it works fine :cool:

Matis588

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
if its going to CWM recovery mod...then open recovery...try wipe data+cache and dalcik..

u try some to fix boot loop this fcin MESED MY GALAXY TAB NOW ITS JUST FREZE AND I DONT IF IT CHATGE HIM THANK A LOT

troiddroid

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site

Okay here's the deal. I got this HTC Incredible im a trade for a used car battery. When the guy gave it to me he told me that it was stuck in bootloop and I figured I could fix it with no problem. But the standard methods are not working include everything mentioned in previous comments. Holding the volume down key and the power key I can go into the hboot screen. When I try to go into recovery options the phone immediately begins recovery. I've never owned one of these and I thought there were more options after selecting recovery. Also I tried to do the same thing with a zip file for unrevoked forever on my SD card and it did not work. In other words I'm S-on and stuck in bootloop. I could really use the help of someone who could walk me through how to get this thing up and going before I smash it and move on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital