Seidio 3400mah & 4000mah extended batteries

bigjoe7757

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I just saw on Seidios web site that they will be selling a 4000 and 3400mah battery shortly, I think I'm going to get the 4000, it looks like their the same size because all the cases they make for them fit both batteries. Just wondering what everyone else is going to get.

Markolc

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the price difference I guess. If it's double the price for the 4000, then I don't think it'd be worth it. I would like to get an extended life battery however, so I hope they release it soon.

bkemp88

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Talk about an ugly cover.. If it made the entire cover a little thicker and completely flat, I would buy it. Gonna wait for something else I guess...

Dr. All Reeds

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the 4000mAh battery tonight. Hoping to get it sometime next week. Will report back on how well it works. Not concerned about the bulky case. Bought a walmart camera case for $2.50 with a bubble foam insert, protects the phone well. Not hard to carry the phone in that case. More later....

bigjoe7757

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I got my seidio 4000mah battery, it's huge, works great but I have to say the backdoor cover stinks, it's fit is weird, kinda to tight, and the power button is hard to push, i think it's to short or something, volume rocker is good no issues there, also there's no hole in the bottom for the mic, overal I feel its ok have to see if battery life outways bad backdoor, going to see it grows on me and will report back

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reporting the missing Mic hole. I just tested it out on calls with speaker phone and hand held. My wife couldn't tell a difference on her end. I had a baby crying and music playing in the background too. Perhaps the hole is unnecessary? Perhaps it will become a noticeable problem later. OR, perhaps it may be a cure for wind interference?

I really like the improvement in texture with the new back. Also, I prefer the more stable feeling of the phone with the new battery. The skinny phone felt like it could fly out of my hands too easily.

I also think it looks pretty cool. My iPhone friends will poke fun at it, but the 3d is far more powerful at least in terms of customization.

The back does fit tighter than the original. Good thing?
The very small tabs on the inside of the cover fit very tightly with no tolerance for being slightly loose. In fact, the locking tab that fits into a very small recess by the headphones jack is a hair too tall. I confirmed bigjoe's theory on the power button being firm because it is a hair too long.

Good news: I like the tight security better than the stock cover. It feels more secure in my hands and I believe a drop would not cause the cover to fly off like I feared with the stock cover.

I want this cover to be perfect. :-\ It is closer to perfect than I expected. I'd recommend it if you have bigger hands and dislike the delicate feel of the stock phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: elder_shawn

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Good news again: I just had a conversation with my brother on speaker with the top down in my convertible. I never could do that before due to wind noise. My brother admitted to hearing no noise and said my voice was clear. That is great for me. I used to have to keep the lid on my car just because I had to call home after work. If my brother is telling the truth, I am very happy. :cool:

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Got my 4000 battery on Friday. I was excited to get it. I've used Seidio extended batteries on my last 3 phones, so I am used to the extra thickness of the phone. Personally, I like the heftier feel in my hand which makes the hand grip the phone better. Had the 3500 in my old Evo so the new battery doesn't feel much different.

I am disappointed with how the cover fits. There is a noticeable gap at the bottom of the phone, and I can see tiny gaps along both sides. The top fits good. I am going to contact Seidio Monday to see if they will send another cover. I hope Seidio replaces the battery cover because the gap at the bottom is a deal breaker for me. Not using the new battery until I get a new cover.

I also noticed there isn't a hole for the mic which concerned me, and the power button is a little hard to push. Glad to hear this hasn't affected the phone volume/quality. My 3D volume/call quality is not as good as my Evo 4G, so I was concerned about the missing mic hole.

My existing battery life does ok, but I really need more power. Once I get to use it, I am hoping the 4000battery will have longer battery life than my old 3500. Let us know how long your battery is lasting with what kind of usage. Thanks.

DKatman

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you will find Seidio's customer service to be excellent. I had the extended battery on my Pre. There was an issue with the camera with their backs. They were great about making new ones and then sending them out to people who were affected by the issue.

I am interested in your thoughts of the feel of the back. I am probably just going to go ahead and get it. I just know that with my Pre, it was larger, but it was pretty much evenly distributed over the entire back. I am wondering about the whole feel of the back with the shape it is, not just being larger. It sounds like you are saying you like it. Can you elaborate on that a little more? Or is there really nothing more to say than that?

Dave

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I think you will find Seidio's customer service to be excellent. I had the extended battery on my Pre. There was an issue with the camera with their backs. They were great about making new ones and then sending them out to people who were affected by the issue.

I am interested in your thoughts of the feel of the back. I am probably just going to go ahead and get it. I just know that with my Pre, it was larger, but it was pretty much evenly distributed over the entire back. I am wondering about the whole feel of the back with the shape it is, not just being larger. It sounds like you are saying you like it. Can you elaborate on that a little more? Or is there really nothing more to say than that?

Dave
I also had the Pre with the extended battery, but Seidio had already changed the battery cover design when I purchased mine. I really liked the larger phone size with the extended battery, so I think you will find the feel of the extended battery on your 3D the same. Overall, I like the feel of the 4000 battery on the 3D. I have small hands and like the grip much better. The weight distribution of the larger battery on the 3D is similar to the Pre with the bigger battery, so I don't think you will notice much difference.

What I liked about using the 3500 battery on my Evo 4G was the camera was protected, and when I laid the phone down on its back with the speakerphone on, the sound was amplified and louder because the phone was raised a little off of the surface. The speakerphone on the 3D is much weaker compared with the 4G, so I was hoping the same thing would happen with speakerphone on my 3D using a larger battery like it did with my 4G.

Like I mentioned, the only thing I am disappointed with is the fit of the battery cover. Hopefully I will be able to get a replacement cover that fits the phone better so that I can use the 4000 battery.

Reactions: DKatman

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I am happy to report that I played golf for 2 hours today with gps and gps and evdo on for the gps distance caddy app. When I did this with the old battery, it ran out in the 4th hole. To be fare, I started with around 2/3 of a full battery that time. Today I played a full 9 holes and started with 87 percent and ended with 62. I only had the gps radio running after I used 3g to select the course. Once selected, I turned off the 3g radio.

I definitely like this battery. 5 and a half hours later I am at 55% after checking the weather map twice and testing my brother and friend a few times each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech