HTC 3d Video Dock now available at Sprint

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Expensive, but I guess that is normal for new releases. I will use my kickstand case for now until the prices drop. I do like the design though.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Although it is a nice design, $50 for just a fancy stand and no included charger or MHL cable included? Sorry sprint. Way too expensive for me. If it included a charger, maybe, but I would only consider if I was able to use my 25% discount to get the price down to $38. Pass.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Although it is a nice design, $50 for just a fancy stand and no included charger or MHL cable included? Sorry sprint. Way too expensive for me. If it included a charger, maybe, but I would only consider if I was able to use my 25% discount to get the price down to $38. Pass.

You can use your 25% discount for all accessories at Sprint...if you qualify.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You can use your 25% discount for all accessories at Sprint...if you qualify.

Not exactly. The Premiere discount is not usable on the web site, only from telesales and in store. The dock is not available through those channels until after the 24th.

You can try and get CS to give you a credit for the difference but is it worth the trouble?

majestros

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I really want it, but seriously, $50 for a piece of plastic? The only thing even slightly fancy it does is detect that its in a dock.

rathesupreme

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i decided to order it the day it showed up on the sprint site and i just got the confirmation that it has been shipped and i will have it wednesday. it is expensive but i use my phone for so much video it is worth it too me!!! i will let you guys know how it is! :D

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I got the HTC Desktop Cradle today. Just FYI it does include a charge/data cable and a 120v charger just like the one that comes with the phone.

There is a button on the dock marked VIDEO. When turned on and the phone is docked, its just like connecting the cable, when turned off, the phone recognized its in Dock Mode. Not exactly sure what you would use the two modes for.

The phone fits well and its stable. Still not a $50 item.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully a charging dock comes out that allows you to keep your case (ie. Otterbox, Seidio) on your phone while charging.

rathesupreme

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i have recieved it, i like it! it is on the big side but doesnt feel cheap to me; feels like a well built piece of equipment. i really like how the phone goes into dock mode automatically when you put it in the cradle. a dislike that i have is that i have the otterbox commuter and have to remove it to use the cradle; i dont think that you will be able to have any case of any kind that will work with it; the cradle is molded to hold the phone perfectly and snuggly. i got this for my desk at work; so it acts as an awesome desk clock, speaker phone and for those down moments my own personal movie player!! ;)

rathesupreme

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
heres a couple pics:

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

heres one next to my evo 4g for size comparison:

IMAG0016.jpg

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
i have recieved it, i like it! it is on the big side but doesnt feel cheap to me; feels like a well built piece of equipment. i really like how the phone goes into dock mode automatically when you put it in the cradle. a dislike that i have is that i have the otterbox commuter and have to remove it to use the cradle; i dont think that you will be able to have any case of any kind that will work with it; the cradle is molded to hold the phone perfectly and snuggly. i got this for my desk at work; so it acts as an awesome desk clock, speaker phone and for those down moments my own personal movie player!! ;)

What does the "video" button do? Is that a detachable cable from the cradle end? I'm liking it for the reasons you mentioned.

rathesupreme

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
What does the "video" button do? Is that a detachable cable from the cradle end? I'm liking it for the reasons you mentioned.

you are suppose to be able to switch between phone and video.........i think, i dont really use my phone to hook up to tv's. the cable is detachable, its almost identical to the one you get with the phone.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Couple questions.

What ports does it have, or is it just that output of micro-USB? Also, does it come with a usb and plug or do you have to use the one that came with your phone?

I love that it automatically does into dock mode. That's kinda how the Pre worked when I put it on the Touchstone charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy