Is it good? I hear amazing things about the case it self. But does the built in screen protector hold up? Should I put another on over it? Options please and thank you!
    07-11-2011 02:22 PM
    I've been using this case since June 23. I think the screen protector is very good and it seems to hold up very well on it's own. I would not put another one over it. That seems completely unnecessary.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-11-2011 04:53 PM
    Thanks Oscar! I will keep this in mind! I just picked up my case tonight! Still awaiting for my phone to show up!
    07-11-2011 11:26 PM
    i've been using the otterbox defender for a while now and its awesome. there's no need for an extra screen protector.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-12-2011 07:30 AM
    I just got my new phone and so far I love the case! Bulky but I got huge hands so its ok! Thanks for all of the replies guys!
    07-13-2011 07:16 AM
    I tried. it did not go over so well. Ended up looking like a bad tint job on a car window.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-14-2011 04:47 AM
    I tried. it did not go over so well. Ended up looking like a bad tint job on a car window.
    Hey McPlot!

After using it for a few days I must say that I sorta agree! In the sun light anyways. Other wise it looks good for me! I do however think I am gonna keep it for now. May install a ZAGG screen protector in the future!
    07-14-2011 07:25 AM
    I put the screen protector on my daughter EVO and was blown away. I can't even tell it's there, and she say's it's barely noticeable by touch. If you don't know it's there or what to look for, you can't tell it's there.

My opinion of it did a 180. I agree it's not really necessary, but I wanted to see what it was like. Since it doesn't change anything, it's worth having that little extra protection....especially for a 13 yr old girl.

EDIT::: Wait, I just realized "Defender". I bought my daughter a Commuter which comes with the dry applied protector. Never mind.
    07-14-2011 12:39 PM
    I put the screen protector on my daughter EVO and was blown away. I can't even tell it's there, and she say's it's barely noticeable by touch. If you don't know it's there or what to look for, you can't tell it's there.

My opinion of it did a 180. I agree it's not really necessary, but I wanted to see what it was like. Since it doesn't change anything, it's worth having that little extra protection....especially for a 13 yr old girl.

EDIT::: Wait, I just realized "Defender". I bought my daughter a Commuter which comes with the dry applied protector. Never mind.
    Lol your fine JKTex!! All information is helpful information!
    07-14-2011 10:57 PM
    Just bought my Defender case yesterday. I have to say I was very ambivalent about getting it, as I heard it made the phone into a tank. But...I am keeping it, just 24 hours later I have decided. The screen protector in and of itself is worth it- it fits snugly, it is still very tactile responsive (no lag time or other issues) and is not even noticeable! My EVO 3D is nice and snug. Yeah, it'll take some time to re/assemble when I need to open up the phone, but fortunately I am not looking to do this often.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-16-2011 01:38 PM
    I love the defender, but i got a scratch in the built in screen protector after about a week. its not that noticeable and i don't know how i got it. But none since then and its been a couple weeks since.
    07-19-2011 09:47 AM
    I love the defender, but i got a scratch in the built in screen protector after about a week. its not that noticeable and i don't know how i got it. But none since then and its been a couple weeks since.
    I have had mine just over a week now and I have no scratches yet! Maybe keys? I always keep my screen facing into holster.
    BiGsMiLeSKyLe likes this.
    07-19-2011 11:09 AM
    anyone know if we can order parts of the defender case? I also just got a scratch on the screen protector, not noticeable but still I would like to know.
    07-20-2011 02:29 AM
    anyone know if we can order parts of the defender case? I also just got a scratch on the screen protector, not noticeable but still I would like to know.
    I had an Otterbox for my Hero. I dropped the phone, and broke an ear off of the top half of the clamshell. Otterbox replaced the part at no cost. I emailed cust. svc, and they asked for proof of purchase and photos of the damage. I had the case for over a year, and they covered it at no cost. They made a loyal customer after that. I now have Otterboxes for my iPad, my daughter's iPad, and now my 3VO. The cases adds a little bulk, but not so much I can't live with. I like the security it provides, to say the least!
    My $.02...
    07-27-2011 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD