li-poly 4000mah battery: best way to train/stretch it?

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My new Seidio 4000 battery will be here tomorrow. What is the best way to train it? Powered off, insert, full charge, turn on? How long past the point when the led turns green?

Or can I just plug in and play while it charges?

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My new Seidio 4000 battery will be here tomorrow. What is the best way to train it? Powered off, insert, full charge, turn on? How long past the point when the led turns green?

Or can I just plug in and play while it charges?

It is my understanding that LiPo batteries don't need to be "trained".

Past 4.2 VDC its chemical properties are prone to overheating and possible combustion. Your battery has circuitry that attempts to prevent that. Your phone's charging algorithm also will prevent that by shutting off the charge and letting the battery drain and charging again.

Discharging below 2.5 VDC, the battery may not ever hold a charge again. Just the nature of the LiPo. So it is not recommended to aggressively discharge the battery for "training" purposes.

LiPo's nominal voltage is 3.7 VDC. That means it likes to be in that range. So, the more times you reach that range, the better it is for the battery. That means frequent partial discharges are best.

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Where is the battery on Seidio? I can only find the 4000mah Li-Ion which is not a li-poly:confused:

I looked into it and emailed Seidio to see if it was Li-ion-polymer or li-ion. The rep said it was standard li-ion.

Another credible member of this forum suggested that the new extended batteries were polymer so now I'm not sure.

I emailed a tech support rep at Seidio also. The tech rep said it is definitely a li ion non polymer and they recommend a 2 to 3 hour over charge to stretch the capacity. This is to be done only five or six times to reach full potential. (same thing it says on their site.)

The information on the batteries is located in there online store.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463