My new Seidio 4000 battery will be here tomorrow. What is the best way to train it? Powered off, insert, full charge, turn on? How long past the point when the led turns green?

Or can I just plug in and play while it charges?
    07-12-2011 07:18 PM
    My new Seidio 4000 battery will be here tomorrow. What is the best way to train it? Powered off, insert, full charge, turn on? How long past the point when the led turns green?

Or can I just plug in and play while it charges?
    It is my understanding that LiPo batteries don't need to be "trained".

Past 4.2 VDC its chemical properties are prone to overheating and possible combustion. Your battery has circuitry that attempts to prevent that. Your phone's charging algorithm also will prevent that by shutting off the charge and letting the battery drain and charging again.

Discharging below 2.5 VDC, the battery may not ever hold a charge again. Just the nature of the LiPo. So it is not recommended to aggressively discharge the battery for "training" purposes.

LiPo's nominal voltage is 3.7 VDC. That means it likes to be in that range. So, the more times you reach that range, the better it is for the battery. That means frequent partial discharges are best.
    07-13-2011 09:09 AM
    Thanks! I would have drained it like a 4.5.

Are all 3.7vdc batteries Li-polymer?
    07-13-2011 11:00 AM
    Where is the battery on Seidio? I can only find the 4000mah Li-Ion which is not a li-poly
    07-14-2011 03:20 AM
    Where is the battery on Seidio? I can only find the 4000mah Li-Ion which is not a li-poly
    I looked into it and emailed Seidio to see if it was Li-ion-polymer or li-ion. The rep said it was standard li-ion.

Another credible member of this forum suggested that the new extended batteries were polymer so now I'm not sure.

I emailed a tech support rep at Seidio also. The tech rep said it is definitely a li ion non polymer and they recommend a 2 to 3 hour over charge to stretch the capacity. This is to be done only five or six times to reach full potential. (same thing it says on their site.)

The information on the batteries is located in there online store.
    07-15-2011 04:14 PM
    The seidio 4000 MaH battery is most definately a Li-ion Battery. got mine today.
    07-16-2011 08:33 PM
    I've been running all radios and my new 4000 lasts two days at a time.
    07-16-2011 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD