What happened to the official dock?

jonyah

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The official EVO 3D dock is nowhere to be found. I know a lot of you will complain about this and that like the price of it, but I really want the official dock, not some cheap Korean knockoffs. Best Buy no longer has it listed, and even Sprint doesn't have it listed anywhere as well. Has anyone heard anything about it?

jonyah

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
So, this store bought some when they were available and is charging more for them. How about official sellers of the product without a markup?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a few and the best looking one with a extra battery slot is from mugen. Com. Not sure what cheap imitation means, what it must say evo across it or something? Lol. Mugen is a very nice, nice looking dock. I have used this companies products for 4 years now and as far as quality and performance there is nothing "cheap"about any of their products.

EVO-LUTION 3D

jonyah

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I tried looking at mugen earlier, but their site has been down. Oddly, so is igrip.us which apparently has one as well. This along with the lack of availability of the official one is why I've been curious what's going on.

As far as the cheap knockoffs, check ebay and you'll see what I mean.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So, this store bought some when they were available and is charging more for them. How about official sellers of the product without a markup?

The price quoted by that Amazon link was $50 same as Sprint was charging. They still show to have some in stock.

Likely that Sprint just ran out of stock. They are supposed to be available from telesales and in stores on the 24th.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/htc-evo-3d-usb-desktop-cradle-with-2nd-battery-slot.html

EVO-LUTION 3D

Last edited:
Reactions: roark1138

jonyah

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The price quoted by that Amazon link was $50 same as Sprint was charging. They still show to have some in stock.

Likely that Sprint just ran out of stock. They are supposed to be available from telesales and in stores on the 24th.

Funny, the price was higher for me. I checked again today and it's unavailable.

Also, that mugen above it out of stock till at least August 8th. It's a shame they can't have accessories actually available when these phones are released.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there are a couple threads about this.

It seems as if every time a retailer has them for sale, they take it down after just a couple days. First with Best Buy, than Amazon, now Sprint.

Honestly, HTC should of released the official dock and their official kickstand case the same day the phone was released. Nonetheless though, I continue to wait to buy accessories for this beast of a phone. Lol.

Tech_Kev

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy

11+-+1

rathesupreme

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
50 bucks is a total rip off. Lol. Does that have a extra battery charger slot?

EVO-LUTION 3D

no it does not have an extra battery slot. i know the price is steep but i have owned other charging docks and this just feel more "beefy" and not flimsy and chincy like alot of others, plus this one sends out video when hooked to a tv, not just a charger only. to each his own though, i like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar