Car / desk docks that work with the Otterbox Commuter?

ryang

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox Commuter and would like to get a nicer car mount instead of the universal types. Is anyone using a car mount that accepts the EVO 3D wrapped in a commuter case?

The desk dock is less important but would also like to know if the HTC dock will accept the commuter as well.

Thanks

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
HTC Desk dock, no. It will only accept it "naked". But it's a nice dock. The Commuter case comes off so easy, I just pull it off when I dock it.

The iGrip car dock, also from Sprint, can be made to work with it, but not well. Not even well enough for me to try cutting the "door" for the USB port to keep it out of the way. I actually returned the iGrip because it was not 100% solid and came loose from my console a couple of times.....although, we've been between 102-110 for the last month. It's a decent dock for the money, but for me, it didn't swivel as much as I needed to get it positioned well on my console and I wasn't going to use the sticky disc.

I swapped it for the HTC dock (which has to ship) before I realized it was made for a naked EVO 3D. I kept it because I don't like fiddling with plugging it in at home. Like I said, I pop the case of easily and drop it on the dock when it needs to be charged at home.

I'm using a universal (Gomadic) in my truck that's I've had for years for an MP3 player. All I needed was to order a new "tip" for charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22