Why no mentions of Otterbox?

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered an Otterbox Defender series case for my phone a couple days ago and was just looking around in here and noticed that I haven't seen any threads or mentions of this...

Any reason why no one is discussing it?

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My best guess would be because not too many people own it or for whatever reason it is isn't that popular with AC members. Personally, while I understand why some people would want a case like that, for me, its just way too bulky and therefore I would never use such a case. All I need is something that provides some basic protection but I also rarely drop my phone.

Last edited:

playersnoopy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I posted on a thread about it, I returned mine. A bit bulky which I could live with but couldn't stand the front lift being so high that thumb typing on the edge of the screen was too hard; plus the glue holding the screen protector is a bit weak, a lot of people (myself included) seem to pop it off easily. Other than that, very solid build, the screen protector fits nicely and works well. Nice fit to phone and to belt clip... but belt clip was a bit ridiculous in size/bulk w/ the phone for me. Not for everyone but very good to have if you work in say construction or something or just drop your phone a lot.

playersnoopy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
the defender has a plastic screen protector built in... which is held on to the front case w/ a thin line of glue... if you push on the plastic from the outside in; it will pop off very easily. Otterbox was really cool in issuing a refund no question asked.

but I also had a Commuter case too but sold that one; liked the slick fit and feel but the rubber portion attracted way too much lint.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
There have been several, but my guess is, the "new" has worn off and people are realizing basic accessories aren't that exciting of a topic anymore.

Did you try "search"?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
the otterbox defender is my "work" case. it provides the protection I need and then some. I like it, but it triples the size of the phone.
my active is my everyday case for now...or for when I don't go to work. makes the phone alot more managable. yet I still enjoy the defender while I'm at work, as I feel safer.

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It might be one of those bulky cases but when its on it feels solid to me. I dont feel like the rubber outter shell is going to peel off during pocket use. My only real annoyance other than size is the extra difficulty in pulling down the notifications/quick settings menu in landscape. Other than that i really like the case.
It makes me worry alot less about all the people wanting to play with my phone to see all the features especially the 3d. I also do alot of hiking and fishing so if i drop it taking pics or videos its safe. I think i will pick up another case eventually like a seido with extended battery after my phone isnt the center of attention in my friends circle.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
i think everyone by now knows what kind of quality you get with otterbox. It just all depends on preference about size.

bigorange

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I know someone that has one for an EVO 4g and its like a freaking brick. Crazy, I just take care of mine like an adult. Unless you work construction it is nonsense.

Sent from my EVO 3d using tapatalk

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Personally i have the defender and i am happy i have one. Yea ppl call it a brick now, but personally i feel that it protects the device better than anything else. And i am an adult and i baby my pgone and am always worry about keeping proper care of the phone, but hey id rather spend 50 bucks now then spend 100 if my phone falls and breaks and i have to go through asurion.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had the OB Defender since Day 1.
I broke the clip on the holster and called about getting a replacement.
They were out of stock on the holsters, so the rep said they'll send me a brand new case instead.
Wow! Amazing customer service from OB. Worth every penny.

pennfire38

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I can honestly say Ive had a negative experience with the holster for this case. While the case is awesome, just like all the others Ive had from OB, I have lost my phone twice with this holster, and the last time, if it hadnt been for a very honest stranger who went out of his way to track me down and return my phone to me, I would have never seen it again. The phone has occasionally popped out of the holster as I was moving around, even after confirming that the phone had clicked into place. Until they come up with a better holster solution, I am discontinuing the use of this case, as my phone is way too important for me to lose. Just my 2 cents.

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't really sure what to do with the holster since I never planned on using it.

Found my old gps suction mount. had to use a hacksaw and cut off a small clip that was for my old gps I never used. With the clip gone it was a flat surface then. Took some epoxy and glued on the clip and the holster together. Otterbox defender gps mount. Pro.

Works like a charm, no problems at all.

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Not for cheapsters but totally reliable andwill increase your resale value, witout protection nobody will wanna buy a scratched phone. Otyerbox is quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol