I bought this from Meritline for $4; it arrived from Asia in 9 days.

HTC EVO 3D New Aluminum Metal Hard Case Cover Blue

My original review is below, but the short of it is this: the case doesn't have any attached button parts that sit on top of the phone's trigger spots. This means that you cannot practically use your finger tip to press the power or volume buttons.

Plus, all that openness around the trigger spots look to be a great way for dust and dirt to get inside the phone.

It's really a shame because otherwise I love the case.

----------------------------------------------------

I paid only $4, and it arrived from China in only 9 days, so no complaints there. The color is just like in the picture, great. The case itself is very deep, so that it easily covers the top edge of the phone. The top edge of the case is about 1mm ABOVE the glass, which means it will protect the side and front edge well.

The back of the case covers up everything except the two camera lenses, the flash, and the speaker. The lenses are actually about 2-3mm below the back of the case, so the danger of scratching them is almost nil (a great improvement over the OEM case).

Now to the problems, of which I can see only 2. First, the "metal" in the case is the colored backing, which is quite thin and appears to be glued to the rest of the case, which is a clear PLASTIC. I was expecting the entire case to be metal. Second, and this is a showstopper I think: the case doesn't contain any plastic/rubber/whatever buttons that sit on top of the phone's power and volume triggers. This means you have to use something small and pointy to power on the phone, wake it from sleep, or even adjust the volume. There's no way you're gonna be able to use a fingertip. More, the lack of buttons means there's a whole lot of entrances for sand, dirt, and grit to get inside your phone.

Like I said, I love this case, but the lack of buttons seems to be showstopper. I just got the case today tho so time will tell.
    03-22-2012 07:12 PM
    OK, I just tried it ON TOP of the original HTC case and it fits fine. That fixes the buttons/dirt issue. Of course the lack of a decent description in the Meritline web page fooled me. That, and I'm used to replacing the entire case because I'm used to using extended life batteries.

Still wish the entire case was metal, though. But for $4...
    03-22-2012 07:26 PM
    What original HTC case? I am lost ><!
    03-27-2012 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD