HTC EVO 3D Kickstand Cover?

evo3d

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I first want to say hello to everyone here as I am a newbie. I am going from a iPhone4 to a brand spanking new android phone in the HTC EVO 3D. I preordered mine throught Bestbuy and hope to get it next week sometime... Can't wait.

Does anyone know if they make a kickstand case/cover for the this particular phone?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim

SCSnare

May 20, 2011
www.mricks.com
Yes. HTC EVO 3D Kickstand Case

kXh7M.png

Reactions: stashu11

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
i hear this is coming out in july though , late july how can that be and not at launch. this case looks kick butt.. any similar like this available now..

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I think I like the HTC version which seems to be a little bit thinner than the 1st post here. Just not sure where to get it.

http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/P10401751.jpg
The first post is the HTC version (hence the "HTC" on the kickstand). I think the image you linked would have been an earlier rough-draft, but definitely not the final version, no one would buy it after the first review where people started complaining about how they could not use the stand and charge it at the same time because they set the case up so the phone's charging port must rest flat on the table and not allow to be plugged in.
I'm astounded they even considered that as an option and set up a display table showing such a poorly thought-out case.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The first post is the HTC version (hence the "HTC" on the kickstand). I think the image you linked would have been an earlier rough-draft, but definitely not the final version, no one would buy it after the first review where people started complaining about how they could not use the stand and charge it at the same time because they set the case up so the phone's charging port must rest flat on the table and not allow to be plugged in.
I'm astounded they even considered that as an option and set up a display table showing such a poorly thought-out case.

As most people are right handed I see why the 1st case was designed, it places the touch sensitive controls on the right.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
As most people are right handed I see why the 1st case was designed, it places the touch sensitive controls on the right.

And to add some apps/games like Netflix will only show in landscape in this position. So if you buy the updated version then your app will be upside down. But hey at least you can charge while looking at your phone upside down. haha. What was HTC thinking.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I bet all this does it replace the existing backing that pops off! What a rip off, another way to make $$$.

I think it snaps onto the phone, w/o removing the back cover.

Why do you think it's a ripoff? It's a cover (that people want), with a kickstand (that people want).

chuckie1971

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Not only that but look at the case, with kickstand down how do you adjust the volume?

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
One of you aren't ccrulesn are you? :D Posted a 5 start review of the HTC case to ask if it will work in portrait mode too. That's worth a double head smack, at least!!

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I first want to say hello to everyone here as I am a newbie. I am going from a iPhone4 to a brand spanking new android phone in the HTC EVO 3D. I preordered mine throught Bestbuy and hope to get it next week sometime... Can't wait.

Does anyone know if they make a kickstand case/cover for the this particular phone?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim

They sell this one at Best Buy:
Platinum Series - Case for HTC EVO 3D Mobile Phones - Black - HDC51SB
It's pretty nice, fits like a glove has a kickstand while not really adding any bulk.

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
They sell this one at Best Buy:
Platinum Series - Case for HTC EVO 3D Mobile Phones - Black - HDC51SB
It's pretty nice, fits like a glove has a kickstand while not really adding any bulk.

I returned mine.. as it's been stated, it blocks the charging port. Which you really need when watching movies with the kick stand down

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
if you get a otterbox defender the holster acts as a kickstand, you can put it volume up or charger up depending on when you need to charge :p