Evo 3D TPU Case, $40 is too much!

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I ordered an Amzer Argyle TPU case from Amazon on Tuesday, (+$10 expedited shipping), thinking it would be here by tomorrow (I'm leaving for vacation). But no, it didn't even shipping til today, which is total bu!!sh!t since the site didn't say anything about a release day to ship. :mad:

So,

I needed a case before I leave so I just went to a Sprint store (I didn't like the gel and Otter Cases Radio Shack had) thinking that with my Premier discount I could get a TPU style case for about $20. Turns out, all the cases at the Sprint store were $40, $34 after discount and tax. For a plastic case. :-\ *groan*. I bought one but I'll be returning it when I get back from vacation. Good thing Sprint has a good return policy.

Just a rant. But I tell you what, I love this phone!! :D

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ever since moving to an Android phone, I've enjoyed not having a case (vs the iPhone, which you needed one because of gloss and slipperiness).

My Nexus was happily naked, and the EVO 3D is too nice to put in a case.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ever since moving to an Android phone, I've enjoyed not having a case (vs the iPhone, which you needed one because of gloss and slipperiness).

My Nexus was happily naked, and the EVO 3D is too nice to put in a case.

For someone that drops there phone a lot, a case is necessary....but with the back cover hugging almost the entire perimeter of the phone, it looks like that can alleviate some concern, as that is a very easy replacement.

My Evo 4G was naked without a scratch, and my Evo 3D will be the same way.

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
For someone that drops there phone a lot, a case is necessary....but with the back cover hugging almost the entire perimeter of the phone, it looks like that can alleviate some concern, as that is a very easy replacement.

My Evo 4G was naked without a scratch, and my Evo 3D will be the same way.
I dropped my EVO 4G a month after I got it and cracked the screen. I had a case, but I took it off from time to time cuz it was such a svelte phone. I have been paranoid ever since :) Plus, I'll be outdoors a lot for my vacation and I want to film a lot of 3D and I'll feel better about the protection :cool:

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's crazy expensive, You can get TPU cases on Amazon for $5 and they are the exact same thing. I just got mine in the mail today, It's temp until i can get my hands on a Seidio surface or active.

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
That's crazy expensive, You can get TPU cases on Amazon for $5 and they are the exact same thing. I just got mine in the mail today, It's temp until i can get my hands on a Seidio surface or active.

I did order the Amzer for $10, but I needed to get one today for my trip. The Sprint Store is making Best Buy look like a bargain! lol

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered an Amzer Argyle TPU case from Amazon on Tuesday, (+$10 expedited shipping), thinking it would be here by tomorrow (I'm leaving for vacation). But no, it didn't even shipping til today, which is total bu!!sh!t since the site didn't say anything about a release day to ship. :mad:

So,

I needed a case before I leave so I just went to a Sprint store (I didn't like the gel and Otter Cases Radio Shack had) thinking that with my Premier discount I could get a TPU style case for about $20. Turns out, all the cases at the Sprint store were $40, $34 after discount and tax. For a plastic case. :-\ *groan*. I bought one but I'll be returning it when I get back from vacation. Good thing Sprint has a good return policy.

Just a rant. But I tell you what, I love this phone!! :D

TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

Used them for 3 Droid X cases and just put one in my cart for my 3D.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a fan of TPU. Some actually makes the phone more slippery. I like how the 3d is now how it has better grip on the sides and rear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois