HTC Car Dock for the EVO 3D

jtrwku64

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy tonight and saw it on the end cap with some other cases. This car dock is even better than the one for the EVO 4G that I had. It comes with the car dock, car charger, and cable for the charger. Pretty sweet deal for $59.99! Will post some pics of it tomorrow.

venom376

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Do u know who makes it? I didn't see that at my store.. and I need one. The dock with the sticky thing for og evo not gonna cut it.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Interested to see pics.... I had the EVO 4G where the power cord was built into the dock, is this the same?

Sent from my EVO 3D via Tapatalk

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Do u know who makes it? I didn't see that at my store.. and I need one. The dock with the sticky thing for og evo not gonna cut it.

It's made by HTC

It's nice put I'm not sure it's $59 nice. I got mine at a BB as well. So weird how best buy had EVO 3D stuff in all different section. It's like a Easter Egg Hunt!

Reactions: venom376

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried it with the Seidio case on it, and you have to have a naked phone for it. I went with the iGrip, because it'll let me use my phone with a case on it (maybe even otterbox if I had it), I've got the best buy Platinum case on mine, and the iGrip works great with it (and it does the whole car panel thing).

Reactions: sergi0wned

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
And that connects by suction?

I assume it will accommodate the standard charging cable rather than the big coiled cord it looks like it has? I've got an inverter in my truck so I have both AC and DC power and I semi hide the core currently with a TS on the console. This one might work a little better than a cradle I have on the dash (for something else) so I ca reach it easier.

I may have to go back my BB today and try again to find the scattered EVO fodder. :D

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
And that connects by suction?

I assume it will accommodate the standard charging cable rather than the big coiled cord it looks like it has? I've got an inverter in my truck so I have both AC and DC power and I semi hide the core currently with a TS on the console. This one might work a little better than a cradle I have on the dash (for something else) so I ca reach it easier.

I may have to go back my BB today and try again to find the scattered EVO fodder. :D

it does not come with a coiled cord, the cord is straight... and the lighter plug has two USB inputs on it..
It's similar to the one for the EVO 4G (same base and micro USB plug), but I think this one is a little nicer.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I bought the car cradle on Saturday, and IMO, HTC has addressed ALL of the issues with the EVO 4G cradle:

- Long, straight power cord included
- Phone mic not covered by cradle
- Dock mode is landscape-friendly (I know this is a function of the phone itself, but still...)
- Phone can easily be inserted and removed from cradle with one hand

I'm VERY happy with the purchase.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
What is the name of that Navigation Application? I don't have the phone yet, sorry if I'm coming off as a ******.

That is the "Car Panel" app that is included on the phone. It is not a navigation app by itself, just a screen that is helpful when you are in a car to have the major commands at your fingers. It is linked to the Google Navigation app that is bundled with Google Maps.

FYI, the phone also includes the TeleNav GPS navigation, if you don't like Google Navigation.

anckentucky

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
That is the "Car Panel" app that is included on the phone. It is not a navigation app by itself, just a screen that is helpful when you are in a car to have the major commands at your fingers. It is linked to the Google Navigation app that is bundled with Google Maps.

FYI, the phone also includes the TeleNav GPS navigation, if you don't like Google Navigation.

Sweetness, How do I access thus app? I don't have the phone yet, but I'm getting it today.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Off topic but....... :D

That Nav widget allows you to choose which Navigation app you want to use. I screwed up and seleced Tel Nav which I like, but it does not pass the complete address info to Tel Nav. No matter what I say, it takes 1 word and considers it a city and I have to start over in Tel Nav anyway.

Anyone know how to reset, or get to the settings to let it just use Google Nav.? :D

celthunder

Jul 1, 2011
www.rofltech.net
Off topic but....... :D

That Nav widget allows you to choose which Navigation app you want to use. I screwed up and seleced Tel Nav which I like, but it does not pass the complete address info to Tel Nav. No matter what I say, it takes 1 word and considers it a city and I have to start over in Tel Nav anyway.

Anyone know how to reset, or get to the settings to let it just use Google Nav.? :D

Settings applications manage find Tele nav clear defaults??

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan