08-11-2011 10:13 AM
64 123
tools
    I really like the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors... they are invisible and also really help with the fingerprints. They don't yet have the 3D available. sgpstore.com

ETA: They just tweeted me back about availability: @sgpstore: Hii Lynn, no specific dates for Evo 3D, but it is to be available in few weeks! or sooner
    fraz likes this.
    06-27-2011 01:01 PM
    I haven't normally used one, but I have noticed fingerprints without a screen protector. I already have the pT case Best Buy sold with the kickstand. Thanks for the thoughts
    I love the pT case with kickstand, very solid.
    06-27-2011 01:20 PM
    Hi everyone, first post!

I, too, have the same set up as zmann & enthuz: red Body Glove case & Zagg screen protector. (LOVE IT, best looking phone + case combo, ever!) However, when I got my phone on Friday, I first got the "smudge-proof" version of the Zagg invisible shield. Tag line says, "no more smudges, fingerprints, or glare." Malarkey! There were no smudges because the film is not completely clear; it's so "hazy/milky", it's basically one big smudge! And it did NOTHING for the fingerprints and glare. Also, it really took away the color from the screen, especially on the pics (even more especially on the 3D stuff!). And on our beautiful qhd screen, that's unacceptable.

Luckily, my Best Buy guys were uber cool and let me exchange it to the regular zagg shield and, if I may quote Mike Myers, "I'm as happy as a little girl!" Yeah, I probably paid too much for a screen protector, but I am completely satisfied with my purchase.
    Funny, I stood there for approx. 10-15 minutes contemplating between the two ZAGG shields. I was so afraid of the Anti-glare being exactly as you stated. The rep that was there didn't know either because everyone was buying the ZAGG I ended up purchasing. This is my first ZAGG and will definitely go on everything going forward.
    06-27-2011 01:49 PM
    I was really going to get a case with a stand but then I thought for a moment of all the times in the past 8 months I used it. Twice, both times for about 2 mins, lol. Even when I was sitting at park while my kid played in would watch hbo or youtube video's with the phone in my hand, even though I had a kickstand. Once I seen how flashy the red body glove looked without the kickstand messing up the back I decided against getting a case with a kickstand. For me it's a waste. I can't see myself with phone on a kickstand staring at it watching something. With all them weights I lift I think I'll be alright just holding it for the short amount of time I am actually staring at it to watch something.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    06-27-2011 03:23 PM
    I actually prefer Boxwave. Have used it on 4 different phones and it always worked great. Used Zagg before but did not like the texture or clarity. And it's a little diffcult to apply. Zagg felt sticky and I could see a little bit of an orange peel effect on the screen. The Boxwave is so smooth and clear! Finger scrolling feels like a glass surface. Clarity is awesome. Not sure when Boxwave will have the screen protector. Tried calling a couple times and couldn't get through. I'll have to send them an email to find out when the screen protector will be ready for the Evo 3D.
    06-27-2011 10:08 PM
    I can also recommend boxwave screen protectors. They have always worked the best out of all the others that I have tried.
    06-27-2011 10:56 PM
    I really like the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors... they are invisible and also really help with the fingerprints. They don't yet have the 3D available. sgpstore.com

ETA: They just tweeted me back about availability: @sgpstore: Hii Lynn, no specific dates for Evo 3D, but it is to be available in few weeks! or sooner
    Can't come fast enough. That's all I have ever used and liked. Had them on my Droid and Droid X.
    06-28-2011 06:42 AM
    Can't come fast enough. That's all I have ever used and liked. Had them on my Droid and Droid X.
    I actually emailed tehm this morning through their regular store and they replied at 1:00 saying that they will have it in "about a week"

In the meantime does anyone recomend any cheap ones for now ( preferebly that I can get in a retail store)
    06-28-2011 03:12 PM
    I have yet to get a screen protector due to not knowing which ones are good and which ones are a waste of money. Anyone out there with an opinion? Thanks
    I have the otterbox defender case and comes with a very good screen protected for it. That' if you wanna spend 50 bucks at the sprint store. Or go to radio shack and get the pointmobl brand and its a universal screen protector which is around 15 bucks and great quality.
    06-28-2011 05:56 PM
    I actually prefer Boxwave. Have used it on 4 different phones and it always worked great. Used Zagg before but did not like the texture or clarity. And it's a little diffcult to apply. Zagg felt sticky and I could see a little bit of an orange peel effect on the screen. The Boxwave is so smooth and clear! Finger scrolling feels like a glass surface. Clarity is awesome. Not sure when Boxwave will have the screen protector. Tried calling a couple times and couldn't get through. I'll have to send them an email to find out when the screen protector will be ready for the Evo 3D.
    +1 for Boxwave. I have used them on all of my wife and I's phones. I emailed them requesting the cover.

If anyone wants to request the screen protector from Boxwave, inquire here - Request BoxWave Products for Your Device
    06-28-2011 07:52 PM
    I am very happy with the screen protector from Seidio. I had one on my EVO 4G, and I currently have one on my EVO 3D. The fit is very good, and it feels just like the original glass. I also ordered the one from Clarivue, but the Seidio got here faster. In the past, I've always used MartinFields screen protectors... they are awesome and always come with a protector for the camera also. I am waiting on them to release their product for the EVO 3D.
    06-29-2011 01:55 AM
    I am also a big fan of boxwave! It was great on my OG Evo. I emailed them and they said it will be another 2 weeks before they get them in stock though...
    06-29-2011 09:25 AM
    Hi everyone, first post!

I, too, have the same set up as zmann & enthuz: red Body Glove case & Zagg screen protector. (LOVE IT, best looking phone + case combo, ever!) However, when I got my phone on Friday, I first got the "smudge-proof" version of the Zagg invisible shield. Tag line says, "no more smudges, fingerprints, or glare." Malarkey! There were no smudges because the film is not completely clear; it's so "hazy/milky", it's basically one big smudge! And it did NOTHING for the fingerprints and glare. Also, it really took away the color from the screen, especially on the pics (even more especially on the 3D stuff!). And on our beautiful qhd screen, that's unacceptable.

Luckily, my Best Buy guys were uber cool and let me exchange it to the regular zagg shield and, if I may quote Mike Myers, "I'm as happy as a little girl!" Yeah, I probably paid too much for a screen protector, but I am completely satisfied with my purchase.
    I too got the (smudge proof) hazy/milky zagg screen protector. I think i am going to stick with it for awhile, i do notice differences while watching 3d leaving lines on the protector.
    06-29-2011 01:32 PM
    I too got the (smudge proof) hazy/milky zagg screen protector. I think i am going to stick with it for awhile, i do notice differences while watching 3d leaving lines on the protector.
    Wait till you take it off..it's like getting a new screen all over again
    06-29-2011 08:58 PM
    Wait till you take it off..it's like getting a new screen all over again
    haha, that's EXACTLY how I felt once I switched protectors!

And with the smudge-proof one, the 3D was definitely afftected; more visible lines, more...what's a good word for it...crystallization??
    06-29-2011 09:11 PM
    I went with the ghost armor screen protector. They had a kiosk at our mall and it looked like a good product, after googling for reviews it was top notch. Guaranteed for life. I also went with the Otter Box Defender, I removed the screen protector from the case. It was too much. The Otter with the ghost armor is some good protection, the case is pretty big though! But my phone is safe!
    07-12-2011 04:54 PM
    Based off my friend's recommendation, I got the sgp sheinheil for my new evo. Pretty happy with it. I've used bodyguardz and nushield in the past, and they're both solid as well. but geez luiz, i almost don't feel like recommending nushield because of their crappy website.
    07-13-2011 06:43 PM
    I just put Seidio's my phone and I cannot even tell it is there
    07-13-2011 07:44 PM
    I just put Seidio's my phone and I cannot even tell it is there
    Yeah I was showing my friend my 3D yesterday and she was like you need a screen protector... I lol'd and then told her I did have my Seidio Crystal Clear on... Seidio all the way
    07-14-2011 10:27 AM
    haha, that's EXACTLY how I felt once I switched protectors!

And with the smudge-proof one, the 3D was definitely afftected; more visible lines, more...what's a good word for it...crystallization??
    Ugh, I wish I read here.. It sucks on the 3D definately stay away from the ZAGG smudge proof one. Try playing spiderman, wow its reallys disturbs the 3D

Crytallization.. I call it the screen door affect.
    07-16-2011 08:22 PM
    i broke down and got one because of all the dust my seido active case picks up... I am constantly wiping the screen and am afraid I will certainly scratch it one day...

but I bought the clarivue ones. very nice. feels very smooth like the glass. Initially the adhesive that was on it was holding me up, but that quickly wore off. It does seemingly hold more smudges though... it fits very well too, full total glass coverage.
    07-16-2011 09:26 PM
    I have had my screen protector from optishieldz on for about 2 weeks now and it is awesome! As far as someone else posting earlier that the evo 3d does not scratch, that is not true, a best buy rep says that if the screen gets scratched, the 3D Does not work properly in that area.
    07-18-2011 01:52 AM
    Otter Box Defender case fan here! I'd say take a look at it!
    07-18-2011 08:00 AM
    My old 4G spent the last half of its life (6months) without a screen protector, and it worked out great. So I decided to roll w/o a screen protector for my 3D. About a week ago I noticed some very super fine, barely noticeable scratches. Like you have to hold it at an absolute perfect angle with the light to even notice it, and even then, I probably still could not pay someone to find the scratch. But since it's my phone and I am obsessed, I noticed.

This made me realize that this screen might not be as durable as the old EVO, so I immediately began to research some screen protectors. I went with the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector, and man, this thing is great! Can't even tell that it is on there. When this wears out I cannot wait to try out some of the other high quality screen protectors you guys have recommend. For so long I have been used to cheap winky dink protectors that suck. But with this Steinheil protector, it is like touching the glass!
    07-22-2011 01:48 AM
    Not a fan of zagg. I put one on my wife's EVO shift and hated the rubber feel. Didn't want to put one on the 3d but got a superfine scratch after wiping some fingerprints off. I was only able to see it under the right light at the right angle. Now I have a zagg on the 3d. I can't find the scratch anymore but now I have that rubber feel. I can also see a little orange peel effect. Not the best alternative but better than having scratches and now i dont feel I have to be as careful. I can still see things in 3d fine.
    07-22-2011 10:15 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD