best screen protecter?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You don't get scratches on this type of glass, trusy me, my GF has the EVO and it's mint.

Don't kid yourself just because it has not happen to her does not mean it can not happen. This glass is stratch resistant,,, not stratch proof. After 8 months with a zagg on my evo I took it off and within a few hours I somehow put a tiny scratch on it. And I am a nut when it comes to baby ing my phone.

EVO - LUTION 3D

nosepicker

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the the zman. Not worth risking a $600 phone. I second, third, or forth, (however many said xoskins) I have used xoskins for years. I posted a review of mine on my evo 3d already, but heres the short. They don't have orange peel or rubber texture. They don't turn yellow and they dont peel off easily. And they are only $13. Go to one of their stores, they have a display with something like 10 different brands, they nearly have to point out where the xoskins is on the glass because it is soo clear.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the the zman. Not worth risking a $600 phone. I second, third, or forth, (however many said xoskins) I have used xoskins for years. I posted a review of mine on my evo 3d already, but heres the short. They don't have orange peel or rubber texture. They don't turn yellow and they dont peel off easily. And they are only $13. Go to one of their stores, they have a display with something like 10 different brands, they nearly have to point out where the xoskins is on the glass because it is soo clear.

I am gonna check that out, thanks.

EVO - LUTION 3D

underd0g

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
what store can you find these at?

Hey Rollie

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post!

I, too, have the same set up as zmann & enthuz: red Body Glove case & Zagg screen protector. (LOVE IT, best looking phone + case combo, ever!) However, when I got my phone on Friday, I first got the "smudge-proof" version of the Zagg invisible shield. Tag line says, "no more smudges, fingerprints, or glare." Malarkey! There were no smudges because the film is not completely clear; it's so "hazy/milky", it's basically one big smudge! And it did NOTHING for the fingerprints and glare. Also, it really took away the color from the screen, especially on the pics (even more especially on the 3D stuff!). And on our beautiful qhd screen, that's unacceptable.

Luckily, my Best Buy guys were uber cool and let me exchange it to the regular zagg shield and, if I may quote Mike Myers, "I'm as happy as a little girl!" Yeah, I probably paid too much for a screen protector, but I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

Last edited:

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I really like the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors... they are invisible and also really help with the fingerprints. They don't yet have the 3D available. sgpstore.com

ETA: They just tweeted me back about availability: @sgpstore: Hii Lynn, no specific dates for Evo 3D, but it is to be available in few weeks! or sooner :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fraz

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post!

I, too, have the same set up as zmann & enthuz: red Body Glove case & Zagg screen protector. (LOVE IT, best looking phone + case combo, ever!) However, when I got my phone on Friday, I first got the "smudge-proof" version of the Zagg invisible shield. Tag line says, "no more smudges, fingerprints, or glare." Malarkey! There were no smudges because the film is not completely clear; it's so "hazy/milky", it's basically one big smudge! And it did NOTHING for the fingerprints and glare. Also, it really took away the color from the screen, especially on the pics (even more especially on the 3D stuff!). And on our beautiful qhd screen, that's unacceptable.

Luckily, my Best Buy guys were uber cool and let me exchange it to the regular zagg shield and, if I may quote Mike Myers, "I'm as happy as a little girl!" Yeah, I probably paid too much for a screen protector, but I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

Funny, I stood there for approx. 10-15 minutes contemplating between the two ZAGG shields. I was so afraid of the Anti-glare being exactly as you stated. The rep that was there didn't know either because everyone was buying the ZAGG I ended up purchasing. This is my first ZAGG and will definitely go on everything going forward.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was really going to get a case with a stand but then I thought for a moment of all the times in the past 8 months I used it. Twice, both times for about 2 mins, lol. Even when I was sitting at park while my kid played in would watch hbo or youtube video's with the phone in my hand, even though I had a kickstand. Once I seen how flashy the red body glove looked without the kickstand messing up the back I decided against getting a case with a kickstand. For me it's a waste. I can't see myself with phone on a kickstand staring at it watching something. With all them weights I lift I think I'll be alright just holding it for the short amount of time I am actually staring at it to watch something.

EVO - LUTION 3D

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually prefer Boxwave. Have used it on 4 different phones and it always worked great. Used Zagg before but did not like the texture or clarity. And it's a little diffcult to apply. Zagg felt sticky and I could see a little bit of an orange peel effect on the screen. The Boxwave is so smooth and clear! Finger scrolling feels like a glass surface. Clarity is awesome. Not sure when Boxwave will have the screen protector. Tried calling a couple times and couldn't get through. I'll have to send them an email to find out when the screen protector will be ready for the Evo 3D.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I really like the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors... they are invisible and also really help with the fingerprints. They don't yet have the 3D available. sgpstore.com

ETA: They just tweeted me back about availability: @sgpstore: Hii Lynn, no specific dates for Evo 3D, but it is to be available in few weeks! or sooner :)

Can't come fast enough. That's all I have ever used and liked. Had them on my Droid and Droid X.

daikon

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Can't come fast enough. That's all I have ever used and liked. Had them on my Droid and Droid X.
I actually emailed tehm this morning through their regular store and they replied at 1:00 saying that they will have it in "about a week"

In the meantime does anyone recomend any cheap ones for now ( preferebly that I can get in a retail store)

offisah808

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to get a screen protector due to not knowing which ones are good and which ones are a waste of money. Anyone out there with an opinion? Thanks

I have the otterbox defender case and comes with a very good screen protected for it. That' if you wanna spend 50 bucks at the sprint store. Or go to radio shack and get the pointmobl brand and its a universal screen protector which is around 15 bucks and great quality.

thatguy7#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer Boxwave. Have used it on 4 different phones and it always worked great. Used Zagg before but did not like the texture or clarity. And it's a little diffcult to apply. Zagg felt sticky and I could see a little bit of an orange peel effect on the screen. The Boxwave is so smooth and clear! Finger scrolling feels like a glass surface. Clarity is awesome. Not sure when Boxwave will have the screen protector. Tried calling a couple times and couldn't get through. I'll have to send them an email to find out when the screen protector will be ready for the Evo 3D.

+1 for Boxwave. I have used them on all of my wife and I's phones. I emailed them requesting the cover.

If anyone wants to request the screen protector from Boxwave, inquire here - Request BoxWave Products for Your Device

xPhantom

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am very happy with the screen protector from Seidio. I had one on my EVO 4G, and I currently have one on my EVO 3D. The fit is very good, and it feels just like the original glass. I also ordered the one from Clarivue, but the Seidio got here faster. In the past, I've always used MartinFields screen protectors... they are awesome and always come with a protector for the camera also. I am waiting on them to release their product for the EVO 3D.

bluehorde

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I am also a big fan of boxwave! It was great on my OG Evo. I emailed them and they said it will be another 2 weeks before they get them in stock though...:'(

basc0

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post!

I too got the (smudge proof) hazy/milky zagg screen protector. I think i am going to stick with it for awhile, i do notice differences while watching 3d leaving lines on the protector.

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I too got the (smudge proof) hazy/milky zagg screen protector. I think i am going to stick with it for awhile, i do notice differences while watching 3d leaving lines on the protector.
Wait till you take it off..it's like getting a new screen all over again

Hey Rollie

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait till you take it off..it's like getting a new screen all over again

haha, that's EXACTLY how I felt once I switched protectors!

And with the smudge-proof one, the 3D was definitely afftected; more visible lines, more...what's a good word for it...crystallization??

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01