best screen protecter?

briankeene

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I went with the ghost armor screen protector. They had a kiosk at our mall and it looked like a good product, after googling for reviews it was top notch. Guaranteed for life. I also went with the Otter Box Defender, I removed the screen protector from the case. It was too much. The Otter with the ghost armor is some good protection, the case is pretty big though! But my phone is safe!

sunxpine212

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Based off my friend's recommendation, I got the sgp sheinheil for my new evo. Pretty happy with it. I've used bodyguardz and nushield in the past, and they're both solid as well. but geez luiz, i almost don't feel like recommending nushield because of their crappy website.

bosjoe

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
haha, that's EXACTLY how I felt once I switched protectors!

And with the smudge-proof one, the 3D was definitely afftected; more visible lines, more...what's a good word for it...crystallization??
Ugh, I wish I read here.. It sucks on the 3D definately stay away from the ZAGG smudge proof one. Try playing spiderman, wow its reallys disturbs the 3D

Crytallization.. I call it the screen door affect.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
i broke down and got one because of all the dust my seido active case picks up... I am constantly wiping the screen and am afraid I will certainly scratch it one day...

but I bought the clarivue ones. very nice. feels very smooth like the glass. Initially the adhesive that was on it was holding me up, but that quickly wore off. It does seemingly hold more smudges though... it fits very well too, full total glass coverage.

evolvr

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had my screen protector from optishieldz on for about 2 weeks now and it is awesome! As far as someone else posting earlier that the evo 3d does not scratch, that is not true, a best buy rep says that if the screen gets scratched, the 3D Does not work properly in that area.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My old 4G spent the last half of its life (6months) without a screen protector, and it worked out great. So I decided to roll w/o a screen protector for my 3D. About a week ago I noticed some very super fine, barely noticeable scratches. Like you have to hold it at an absolute perfect angle with the light to even notice it, and even then, I probably still could not pay someone to find the scratch. But since it's my phone and I am obsessed, I noticed.

This made me realize that this screen might not be as durable as the old EVO, so I immediately began to research some screen protectors. I went with the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector, and man, this thing is great! Can't even tell that it is on there. When this wears out I cannot wait to try out some of the other high quality screen protectors you guys have recommend. For so long I have been used to cheap winky dink protectors that suck. But with this Steinheil protector, it is like touching the glass!

czervik85

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Not a fan of zagg. I put one on my wife's EVO shift and hated the rubber feel. Didn't want to put one on the 3d but got a superfine scratch after wiping some fingerprints off. I was only able to see it under the right light at the right angle. Now I have a zagg on the 3d. I can't find the scratch anymore but now I have that rubber feel. I can also see a little orange peel effect. Not the best alternative but better than having scratches and now i dont feel I have to be as careful. I can still see things in 3d fine.

Last edited:

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
i liked phantomskinz on my pre. they offer a camera protector too for $10
I also have phantomskinz on a Pre. I am a big fan. It's a little fussy to apply, but once it's on and completely dry (takes a day or two) it is almost invisible. It made a huge improvement in fingerprints - darn, that plastic was a fingerprint magnet. It's also really tough. I have carried the Pre in my pocket with no other protection for several months, now, and the only problem I've had is a little bit of lint collecting around the camera (which isn't covered by the phantomskinz, but is recessed.)

wrd.

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the Seidios, well see how they do :)

Love the Seidio, easy application so no air bubbles or dust under the protector. Cant even tell its there.

Last edited:

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Good news for those waiting for the Boxwave screen protector. Received this response from them today...

Thank you for your inquiry!

I am happy to inform you that the ClearTouch screen protectors for the new EVO 3D are expected to be available within the next week. The ClearTouch are scheduled be added to our website later this week.

For your convenience, here is a link to the EVO 3D product page where the ClearTouch will be posted:
EVO 3D Accessories / HTC EVO 3D Accessories

I hope that this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance!

Best Regards,

Joe
BoxWave Customer Service
BoxWave Accessories - iPad accessories, iPad cases, iPhone, Kindle, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More

thatguy7#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Boxwave Screen Protectors are available now! Just got the email and ordered mine.

Thank you for submitting your request for a HTC EVO 3D ClearTouch? screen protector! Because of your request, we have now made it into an actual product! We appreciate you for being an active participant in defining what BoxWave makes for you.

So without further ado, we are pleased to announce BoxWave's new ClearTouch? for the HTC EVO 3D! Orders are currently being accepted.

Our ClearTouch? screen protectors are designed to be washable and re-applicable. The material is durable and scratch-resistant, allowing it to outlast disposable screen protectors by a large enough margin that you should find using the ClearTouch? saves you money in the long run.

You can find more information about the HTC EVO 3D ClearTouch Crystal? here:
HTC EVO 3D ClearTouch Crystal - Glass-like clarity HTC EVO 3D screen protector and enhancement

You can find more information about the HTC EVO 3D ClearTouch Anti-Glare? here:
HTC EVO 3D ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare HTC EVO 3D screen protector and enhancement

You can find more accessories for the HTC EVO 3D here:
EVO 3D Accessories / HTC EVO 3D Accessories

We hope you'll enjoy the new ClearTouch?! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

Best regards,

BoxWave Corporation
BoxWave Accessories - iPad accessories, iPad cases, iPhone, Kindle, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More

preternatural

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I hate the Zagg I got put on last week! I dropped my 3d from about 2 ft and have 2 tiny "divits" on my screen now. The Zagg was convenient since we were already at Best Buy. It is just too rubbery feeling and the orange peel is driving me nuts. I had a Seidio on my Pre, then switched to a PhantomSkinz when I had to replace the phone. Loved them both (the Phantom wrapped around the Pre's curves). I will be getting one or both of them soon!

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I hate the Zagg I got put on last week! I dropped my 3d from about 2 ft and have 2 tiny "divits" on my screen now. The Zagg was convenient since we were already at Best Buy. It is just too rubbery feeling and the orange peel is driving me nuts. I had a Seidio on my Pre, then switched to a PhantomSkinz when I had to replace the phone. Loved them both (the Phantom wrapped around the Pre's curves). I will be getting one or both of them soon!

Are the divots in the glass or Zagg? If latter, then Zagg will replace the protector for free with its lifetime warranty.

luckyzac

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have found the screen protector that came with the Otterbox Commuter to be excellent, although I managed to scratch it.

I know people say this screen can not be scratched because of the gorilla glass...But with my OG Evo, I always managed somehow when I was drunk...

Sent from my 3vo via Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just put on the Optishieldz protector front and back on my 3D. Pretty nice and glad that it also protects the camera glass. I will know more in a few days when they say it cures and some of the tiny bubbles <---LOL.. Work them self out. 2 protectors for $20.00 not bad, The lousy Sprint protector I had to get me buy was $15.00. They really need to stop selling those things just horrible

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Received my Boxwave screen protector today. I feel better now that screen is protected. So easy to put on, clarity is awesome and finger scrolling is effortless. Feels like glass. Love Boxwave!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781