HTC to unlock Evo 3D bootloader in August!

keesor

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Update on Bootloaders | Facebook

Update on Bootloaders
by HTC on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 7:50pm

Thanks so much for providing feedback, we hear your concerns. Your satisfaction is a top priority for us and we're working hard to ensure you have great experiences with our phones. We're reviewing the issue and our policy around bootloaders and will provide more information soon. Thank you for your interest, support and willingness to share your feedback.

**UPDATE**

We?ve listened. Check out the statement from our CEO, Peter Chou on HTC bootloaders. Click the link for more info. "There has been... | Facebook

**UPDATE 7/10**

We wanted to provide an update on HTC?s progress with bringing bootloader unlocking to our newest phones. We know how excited some of you are for this capability, and we?ve put significant resources behind making this change as soon as possible. While we wish we could flip a simple switch and unlock all bootloaders across our device portfolio, this is actually a complex challenge that requires a new software build and extensive testing to deliver the best possible customer experience.

We?re thrilled to announce today that software updates to support bootloader unlocking will begin rolling out in August for the global HTC Sensation, followed by the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile USA and the HTC EVO 3D on Sprint. We?re in the testing phase for the unlocking capability now, and we expect it to be fully operational by early September for devices that have received the software updates. We'll continue rolling out the unlocking capability over time to other devices as part of maintenance releases and new shipments.

HTC continues its commitment to unlocking bootloaders and supporting the developer community. Because of the importance of this community to us, please expect an update on this about every few weeks as we make progress toward launch. Thank you for your patience and continued support!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC to unlock Evo 3D bootloader in August!!!

Not in August, September. They're going to push an update in August to prep for an update in September which will be the update that unlocks the bootloader.. VERY VERY happy about this. I'm almost shocked they're actually keeping their words..

Now cue the conspiracy theorists about how they're waiting for after the 30 day return period so they can come back and say they're not going to do it....

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

damn two more months. I guess now we can sit and wait and hopefully have a resolution. I will be pissed if this just gets dragged on.

keesor

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I still have faith that someone is going to hack the bootloader way before HTC pushes the update!!!!!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Ya I'm sure teamwin will have it unlocked before that. Its great to know that there will be a legit and official way to unlock it though in the near future. Tons of respect for HTC for doing this.. I'm not too surprised though at the September time frame on this. There are definitely a number of software issues that need to be address in the Evo 3D that certainly take precedence over unlocking the bootloader.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I just read this too, posted it in the other section for the hack/ROM section, pretty cool that HTC is doing that.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Good news. I personally can wait until September. I know some want it now, but I am grateful that a manufacturer is doing this at all. I think there is a pretty good chance that one of the badass devs will get s-off before then anyway. ;-)

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have both the EVO 3D and the NEXUS imo the NEXUS blows away the 3D in handeling contacts and Google services. The 3D however big screen and internet surfing is a little bit better. I wish HTC would allow for customers to have a choice between running HTC sense or the raw Google software. It seems that HTC sense does slow it down a bit. I believe based on my use sync works faster and better on the NEXUS.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
When there is a custom ROM.. then it will blow the Nexus away... sense is slow. Then you could have a "raw google" experience....

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
When there is a custom ROM.. then it will blow the Nexus away... sense is slow. Then you could have a "raw google" experience....

Which is why I bought the EVO 3D. I bought it for the performance and capabilities it would get later.

CM7 running on an OC Kernel at 1.7-1.8? Yes please!

I remember when I first installed CM6 on my OG EVO. It felt like a completely new speed demon phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo