[RECOVERY] [EVO3D] TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) v1.0.0 [7/29]

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] [EVO3D] TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) v1.0.0 [7/

Wow... this is absolutley straight forward... it even offers to install Clockwork MOD!

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site

How do i figure out which HBOOT version i have? I tried powering off the phone .. holding the volume rocker and powering the phone on but that doesn't seem to take it into the stock recovery. ?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

If you hold down vol down... and power... it brings you to the Boot. It says on top what version.

alvintimothyjr

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site

I am having a problem flashing su in the bootloader. I renamed the file PC86IMG.zip (not PC86IMG.zipzip) and when I reload bootloader I am not seeing any messages re: update. I am running the fixed version of the Su file and cannot get it to flash. Anyone have this issue?

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
twrp recovery question.

Hey guys, I really hate to add a thread just for this question, but im just not up to speed with all this android hackery yet :-/ (iphone jailbraker here)

ok I followed the directions from a video on youtube on how to ROOT my EVO 3D, basically I got the S-OFF part done first just like the tutorial on here, then I skipped the TWRP part and went straight to the PERMA-ROOT su zip part to root the phone.

my understanding was that clock work mod and twrp were basically the same thing (i still dont totally understand what they do) but that if clock work mod didnt work for you then TWRP would work with out a hitch.

well clock work mod worked (i think) and now I wanted to try out some roms but i see that TWRP is needed.

FINALLY my question is what I would need to do now to get TWRP on my phone?

Do I need to remove clockwork mod first? (dont know how ): )

Can i just follow the instructions and just test it out?

I personally cringe when i read posts like these, but im eating humble pie here and need some help guys.

thanks.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: twrp recovery question.

Both serve the same functions (flash ROMs & make backups)
You "should " be able to flash most ROMs with either recovery. But a developer may not want to claim compatibility with recoveries they have not tested. If you flash against their suggestion, at least you were warned.
I prefer TWRP, a big plus is the ability to compress backups. They really start to take up space once you get a few of them.
You can just flash TWRP using the instructions in the how to thread.

melodic181

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I am having a problem flashing su in the bootloader. I renamed the file PC86IMG.zip (not PC86IMG.zipzip) and when I reload bootloader I am not seeing any messages re: update. I am running the fixed version of the Su file and cannot get it to flash. Anyone have this issue?
yes i have the same problem definitely need help with that asap

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC