02-17-2013 07:49 PM
263 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Oh... well slap me silly and call me susan. As you can see I DIDNT download it.. thats what I get for ASSuming. Thanks guys!
    Here we go again! lol

Yes, this is to replace in its entirety the original image you have. You can unzip and flash it manually or you can place on SDcard and just reboot to hboot and it will flash it that way.

Edit: Using the hboot method I easily flashed right over CWM recovery with no issues.
    08-06-2011 02:12 PM
    Maybe koltsbme3945 could give this one a try?
    Would it make a difference?
    Maybe?
    What issue are they having?
    08-06-2011 02:13 PM
    What issue are they having?
    Basically, could not get recovery to flash in HBOOT.

Start at post #102 in this thread.
    08-06-2011 02:39 PM
    Basically, could not get recovery to flash in HBOOT.

Start at post #102 in this thread.
    Is ti fixed now? If so I wont bother. If its still broken I will look.

EDIT: I looked.....

Seems to me he is not S-OFF. Check to make sure his phone says revolutionary at the top in HBOOT.

EDIT2: to test my theroy of S-ON you can have him try the manual way. If S is truly on then he will get a write permission error.
    08-06-2011 03:03 PM
    I got the revolutionary to recognize my phone. I entered beta key ... all good. But then it says something about lemons then it says "waiting for fastboot" and stays there nothing happens. My phone shows that it rebooted to the screen where it says htc shooter and I can choose reboot , reboot boatloader etc but revolutionary doesnt do anything from there ... any advice?
    08-06-2011 05:26 PM
    I have fastboot off in settings and degugging on
    08-06-2011 05:28 PM
    I got the revolutionary to recognize my phone. I entered beta key ... all good. But then it says something about lemons then it says "waiting for fastboot" and stays there nothing happens. My phone shows that it rebooted to the screen where it says htc shooter and I can choose reboot , reboot boatloader etc but revolutionary doesnt do anything from there ... any advice?
    Do you have the drivers installed? http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe
    HTCaesar likes this.
    08-06-2011 05:44 PM
    Thanks got s off but I couldnt download clockwork cause my pc had no internet only my phone. When revolutionary asked me to hit y/n to download I hit no. now I don't know how to get it on my phone. I downloaded it from the market but it says error while trying to run commands when I hit flash clockwork ... What else can I do ?
    08-06-2011 06:37 PM
    Thanks got s off but I couldnt download clockwork cause my pc had no internet only my phone. When revolutionary asked me to hit y/n to download I hit no. now I don't know how to get it on my phone. I downloaded it from the market but it says error while trying to run commands when I hit flash clockwork ... What else can I do ?
    Do not use clockwork... Use the steps outlined in the OP and you will have a much more stable experience.
    08-06-2011 06:45 PM
    You need to download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30666591/RECOVERY.zip
    You are downloading this via your phone correct?
    After download mount your phone as a disk drive, move this file to your PC (do not leave it on your phone)
    Extract it...
    This will extract the "PG86IMG.zip" file.
    Take PG86IMG.zip and place at the root of your sdcard on your phone
    Now all you need to do is Turn your phone off and boot into HBOOT mode ( Vol Down+Power )
    From there the phone will recognize the zip as an update zip and ask you if you would like to flash it.
    Allow the flash of the recovery and then boot back up into your OS.

Remember to delete this file off off your phone after you succeed.
    HTCaesar likes this.
    08-06-2011 06:47 PM
    Next you need to perma-root.
    I am re-posting this here because if you are doing this all through your phones browser it will be easier than going back to the 1st page over and over again.

PERMA-ROOT

For root you need to flash this .zip

Download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30666591/su-...fgh-signed.zip

In order to achieve root..

Download the su.zip and copy the zip file to the ROOT of your SDCARD.

Boot into Recovery

Choose "Install Zip"

Then "Choose Zip To Flash"

Then select the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip"

Once it completes, reboot and you now have ROOT access!
    08-06-2011 06:52 PM
    Thanks I'm about to try all that ...
    08-06-2011 07:07 PM
    Downloaded the su.zip, put on root on of sd went to hboot recovery it started installing but stopped and read:

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (status 0)

I downloaded the su.zip from my phone moved it to my pc then put it back on the root of my sd card. Should I have downloaded it from a pc ? My pc has no internet and I have to buy the sprint hotspot to use usb tether. Is this even the problem ?
    08-06-2011 08:34 PM
    Did you successfully install the recovery?
    08-06-2011 08:44 PM
    Yeah I got recovery I installed ... just having trouble getting the su.zip file to install
    08-06-2011 08:47 PM
    Yeah I got recovery I installed ... just having trouble getting the su.zip file to install
    You should be installing su through twpr recovery.
    08-06-2011 08:50 PM
    You should be installing su through twpr recovery.
    yep, not hboot
    08-06-2011 10:06 PM
    Got it to work. I goggled the error message n someone else with that error was told the su.zip download he used was bad and have him a link to a different one , I used that one instead and worked perfect. Only difference was this other one said unsigned instead of signed. Is that bad ? Even got my wifi tether working. thanks for the help. What else can I do now ?
    08-06-2011 11:41 PM
    Got it to work. I goggled the error message n someone else with that error was told the su.zip download he used was bad and have him a link to a different one , I used that one instead and worked perfect. Only difference was this other one said unsigned instead of signed. Is that bad ? Even got my wifi tether working. thanks for the help. What else can I do now ?
    Congratulations! The suspense was killing mw.
    Custom ROM time. If this is your first time I would start with something not to crazy such as http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-rooting-roms-hacks/107464-rom-cleanrom-1-1-7-31-11-ad-block-native-wifi-usb-tether.html
    It is very stable.
    scrosler likes this.
    08-06-2011 11:57 PM
    Congratulations!
    Custom ROM time. If this is your first time I would start with something not to crazy such as CleanROM v1.1
    It is very stable.
    HTCaesar likes this.
    08-07-2011 02:07 AM
    s-off recovery superuser woohooo
    so here is my story i hope it helps other people..
    first i did a factory reset to clean everything out.
    i then installed revoultionary according to the instructions .. i had no problems till i got the recovery option it failed... i then tried using the pg186img to get recovery this did not work for me either... so i started my phone up put the temp root on got superuser permission to work... i then when to the market downloaded rom manger installed that used it to install clockworkmod recovery this worked awesome .. put the su zip file on my sd card followed the instructions again had no problems ... so after 2 days of trying to get everything to work its done.. first of all i want to say im a total newbie at this but i did it ..i would suggest doing a lot of reading before trying this ... im glad i did it though hope this helps other people thx
    08-07-2011 08:50 AM
    s-off recovery superuser woohooo
    so here is my story i hope it helps other people..
    first i did a factory reset to clean everything out.
    i then installed revoultionary according to the instructions .. i had no problems till i got the recovery option it failed... i then tried using the pg186img to get recovery this did not work for me either... so i started my phone up put the temp root on got superuser permission to work... i then when to the market downloaded rom manger installed that used it to install clockworkmod recovery this worked awesome .. put the su zip file on my sd card followed the instructions again had no problems ... so after 2 days of trying to get everything to work its done.. first of all i want to say im a total newbie at this but i did it ..i would suggest doing a lot of reading before trying this ... im glad i did it though hope this helps other people thx
    Good to know it worked out for you!
    08-07-2011 09:16 AM
    Need help! I couldn't get the drivers installed. Every time I would try to get them installed into my phone, nothing happens. Any alternatives?
    08-07-2011 07:28 PM
    Need help! I couldn't get the drivers installed. Every time I would try to get them installed into my phone, nothing happens. Any alternatives?
    The drivers get installed on your PC, not the phone.
    Install these http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe on your PC
    08-07-2011 07:46 PM
    The drivers get installed on your PC, not the phone.
    Install these http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe on your PC
    Downloaded the drivers, clicked on the application, nothing happens.
    08-07-2011 08:01 PM
263 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD