[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

Post has been updated with an new EASY method of TWRP recovery...

INSTALL VIA HBOOT

Thanks to scrolster for the hboot zip!

Reactions: cosmos0001

koltsbme3945

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Big time newbiee .. need help.. i had no problem getting s-off but when it tried doing the recovery i got an error message .. now i cant install su .. any thoughts on what to do .. i tried reinstalling it would not let me... perma-temp is working fine

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Big time newbiee .. need help.. i had no problem getting s-off but when it tried doing the recovery i got an error message .. now i cant install su .. any thoughts on what to do .. i tried reinstalling it would not let me... perma-temp is working fine
Which method are you using to install recovery?

koltsbme3945

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

i was using the pg186img .. when i select recovery it just sits on a screen with like a sd card and puts up an exclamation mark and just sits there is this normal

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

while in HBOOT did it prompt to apply update?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Did we ever get it? I think the directions are pretty clear but maybe not....

koltsbme3945

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

the directions are clear .. the phone just gets stuck in this black screen with a phone and a exclamation point when i try to get into recovery .. any suggestions

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

if you have the PG86IMG correctly placed on the SDCARD you dont boot into recovery.... the first screen... white one.. HBOOT... will recognize it as an update and ask you if you want to update... you DONT go into recovery to flash this... this IS recovery. :)

koltsbme3945

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

ok the pg186img is placed on my the root of my sd card when i go into the hboot it finds it i update it this looks all correct and has worked for me.. then i removed the pg186img file from my sd card ...when the the phone boots back i go into bootloader then recovery to load in my su file when i do this i get the black screen am i doing something wrong did i miss something

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

ok the pg186img is placed on my the root of my sd card when i go into the hboot it finds it i update it this looks all correct and has worked for me.. then i removed the pg186img file from my sd card ...when the the phone boots back i go into bootloader then recovery to load in my su file when i do this i get the black screen am i doing something wrong did i miss something
Ok, sorry I didnt understand last time what you meant... that is strange... Try the SDK version. This 2nd method obviously isnt working. Sorry bud

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Updated TWRP 1.0.3

Latest TWRP, 1.0.3. Download flashable zip format HERE

Change Log

2011-08-05 v1.0.3
new features:
- Added timezones that should cover everyone
- Added twrp spam feature (twrp settings)
- Added fix permissions (advanced menu)
- Added wipe cache and dalvik into Flash Zip menu
- Added copy recovery.log to /sdcard (advanced menu)
- Added output spam/no spam to restores
- Added mke2s prebuilt to /sbin
bug fixes:
- Fixed SD-EXT issues, (no partition SD-EXT features yet)
- Fixed EFS partition issues
- Changed the way we do backups on mtd devices, which should fix any boot partition issues
(we suggest making new backups if you have an mtd device, EVO4G,NS,NS4G)

Reactions: jondevere

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Change Log

2011-08-05 v1.0.3
new features:
- Added timezones that should cover everyone
- Added twrp spam feature (twrp settings)
- Added fix permissions (advanced menu)
- Added wipe cache and dalvik into Flash Zip menu
- Added copy recovery.log to /sdcard (advanced menu)
- Added output spam/no spam to restores
- Added mke2s prebuilt to /sbin
bug fixes:
- Fixed SD-EXT issues, (no partition SD-EXT features yet)
- Fixed EFS partition issues
- Changed the way we do backups on mtd devices, which should fix any boot partition issues
(we suggest making new backups if you have an mtd device, EVO4G,NS,NS4G)
Thanks for the updates.. I will add this as an optional update after the install of recovery.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Actual this update *IS* the recovery 1.0.3 ;) No need to do anything else if you install the 1.0.3 I posted.
if you dont have recovery you cant install this... thats why its an optional update. I will find the img file to update later on but we need the image file to install recovery to begin with is why I stated that. This is a HOW TO for new users that normally dont have recovery to begin with. But I see what u are saying bud. Anyone find the HBOOT zip of this version? I should update both Methods with the new image hopefully tonight.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
if you dont have recovery you cant install this... thats why its an optional update. I will find the img file to update later on but we need the image file to install recovery to begin with is why I stated that. This is a HOW TO for new users that normally dont have recovery to begin with. But I see what u are saying bud. Anyone find the HBOOT zip of this version? I should update both Methods with the new image hopefully tonight.
I updated it through HBOOT?