[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

If you put on a wig there are some guy's around here who may take you up on this :-D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Which one u want me to wear?? Maryln Monroe wig or the Posh spice? :cool:

197369_1306122828420_1691034078_524162_2346119_n.JPG

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Which one u want me to wear?? Maryln Monroe wig or the Posh spice? :cool:

50/50. Wear the Marylin Monroe for half the day, then switch to Posh Spice.

<insidejoke>
But you also have to spend the entire day with the pink fairy wings guy.

EDIT: And his brightly colored lady friend.
</insidejoke>

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Ughhh... Keep getting title too long errors!

Oh... well slap me silly and call me susan. As you can see I DIDNT download it.. thats what I get for ASSuming. Thanks guys!
Here we go again! lol

Yes, this is to replace in its entirety the original image you have. You can unzip and flash it manually or you can place on SDcard and just reboot to hboot and it will flash it that way.

Edit: Using the hboot method I easily flashed right over CWM recovery with no issues.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Updated TWRP 1.0.3

Basically, could not get recovery to flash in HBOOT.

Start at post #102 in this thread.
Is ti fixed now? If so I wont bother. If its still broken I will look.

EDIT: I looked.....

Seems to me he is not S-OFF. Check to make sure his phone says revolutionary at the top in HBOOT.

EDIT2: to test my theroy of S-ON you can have him try the manual way. If S is truly on then he will get a write permission error.

Last edited:

HTCaesar

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I got the revolutionary to recognize my phone. I entered beta key ... all good. But then it says something about lemons then it says "waiting for fastboot" and stays there nothing happens. My phone shows that it rebooted to the screen where it says htc shooter and I can choose reboot , reboot boatloader etc but revolutionary doesnt do anything from there ... any advice?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the revolutionary to recognize my phone. I entered beta key ... all good. But then it says something about lemons then it says "waiting for fastboot" and stays there nothing happens. My phone shows that it rebooted to the screen where it says htc shooter and I can choose reboot , reboot boatloader etc but revolutionary doesnt do anything from there ... any advice?
Do you have the drivers installed? http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

Reactions: HTCaesar

HTCaesar

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks got s off but I couldnt download clockwork cause my pc had no internet only my phone. When revolutionary asked me to hit y/n to download I hit no. now I don't know how to get it on my phone. I downloaded it from the market but it says error while trying to run commands when I hit flash clockwork ... What else can I do ?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks got s off but I couldnt download clockwork cause my pc had no internet only my phone. When revolutionary asked me to hit y/n to download I hit no. now I don't know how to get it on my phone. I downloaded it from the market but it says error while trying to run commands when I hit flash clockwork ... What else can I do ?

Do not use clockwork... Use the steps outlined in the OP and you will have a much more stable experience.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

You need to download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30666591/RECOVERY.zip
You are downloading this via your phone correct?
After download mount your phone as a disk drive, move this file to your PC (do not leave it on your phone)
Extract it...
This will extract the "PG86IMG.zip" file.
Take PG86IMG.zip and place at the root of your sdcard on your phone
Now all you need to do is Turn your phone off and boot into HBOOT mode ( Vol Down+Power )
From there the phone will recognize the zip as an update zip and ask you if you would like to flash it.
Allow the flash of the recovery and then boot back up into your OS.

Remember to delete this file off off your phone after you succeed.

Reactions: HTCaesar

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Next you need to perma-root.
I am re-posting this here because if you are doing this all through your phones browser it will be easier than going back to the 1st page over and over again.

PERMA-ROOT

For root you need to flash this .zip

Download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30666591/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip

In order to achieve root..

Download the su.zip and copy the zip file to the ROOT of your SDCARD.

Boot into Recovery

Choose "Install Zip"

Then "Choose Zip To Flash"

Then select the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip"

Once it completes, reboot and you now have ROOT access!

HTCaesar

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded the su.zip, put on root on of sd went to hboot recovery it started installing but stopped and read:

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 0)

I downloaded the su.zip from my phone moved it to my pc then put it back on the root of my sd card. Should I have downloaded it from a pc ? My pc has no internet and I have to buy the sprint hotspot to use usb tether. Is this even the problem ?

HTCaesar

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I got recovery I installed ... just having trouble getting the su.zip file to install

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae