[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

HTCaesar

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

Got it to work. I goggled the error message n someone else with that error was told the su.zip download he used was bad and have him a link to a different one , I used that one instead and worked perfect. Only difference was this other one said unsigned instead of signed. Is that bad ? Even got my wifi tether working. thanks for the help. What else can I do now ?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Got it to work. I goggled the error message n someone else with that error was told the su.zip download he used was bad and have him a link to a different one , I used that one instead and worked perfect. Only difference was this other one said unsigned instead of signed. Is that bad ? Even got my wifi tether working. thanks for the help. What else can I do now ?

Congratulations! The suspense was killing mw.
Custom ROM time. If this is your first time I would start with something not to crazy such as http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-rooting-roms-hacks/107464-rom-cleanrom-1-1-7-31-11-ad-block-native-wifi-usb-tether.html
It is very stable.

Reactions: scrosler

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Congratulations!
Custom ROM time. If this is your first time I would start with something not to crazy such as CleanROM v1.1
It is very stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: HTCaesar

koltsbme3945

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

s-off recovery superuser woohooo
so here is my story i hope it helps other people..
first i did a factory reset to clean everything out.
i then installed revoultionary according to the instructions .. i had no problems till i got the recovery option it failed... i then tried using the pg186img to get recovery this did not work for me either... so i started my phone up put the temp root on got superuser permission to work... i then when to the market downloaded rom manger installed that used it to install clockworkmod recovery this worked awesome .. put the su zip file on my sd card followed the instructions again had no problems ... so after 2 days of trying to get everything to work its done.. first of all i want to say im a total newbie at this but i did it ..i would suggest doing a lot of reading before trying this ... im glad i did it though hope this helps other people thx

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

s-off recovery superuser woohooo
so here is my story i hope it helps other people..
first i did a factory reset to clean everything out.
i then installed revoultionary according to the instructions .. i had no problems till i got the recovery option it failed... i then tried using the pg186img to get recovery this did not work for me either... so i started my phone up put the temp root on got superuser permission to work... i then when to the market downloaded rom manger installed that used it to install clockworkmod recovery this worked awesome .. put the su zip file on my sd card followed the instructions again had no problems ... so after 2 days of trying to get everything to work its done.. first of all i want to say im a total newbie at this but i did it ..i would suggest doing a lot of reading before trying this ... im glad i did it though hope this helps other people thx
Good to know it worked out for you!

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Need help! I couldn't get the drivers installed. Every time I would try to get them installed into my phone, nothing happens. Any alternatives?

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Never mind. The drivers were never installed. Every time I double click on "HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe" and allow it to install, nothing happens. Any alternatives?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Does it go through the set up for the drivers?

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like they are installed. On my PC I had to install as administrator for every thing to work.

Next step...

Besides that, when I start the process and my phone starts to fast boot, A "Found New hardware" window pops up and it says "Windows needs to install drivers for your Android 1.0" The phone stays in Boot mode and doesn't do anything else.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Besides that, when I start the process and my phone starts to fast boot, A "Found New hardware" window pops up and it says "Windows needs to install drivers for your Android 1.0" The phone stays in Boot mode and doesn't do anything else.
For some reason the drivers aren't installing. You could install HTC sync then uninstall it.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Yes u need to use HTC sync to get them to install without hassle...then uninstall it again

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

My computer doesn't like being friendly with HTC Sync but I'll try anyway.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

This is the easiest part.. it must be your computer. Are u running as an admin??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance