[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not able to make any calls or send text msgs after doing this. I called sprint and they were not able to help me. What have u guys done

I believe it is error code 53, I may have the number wrong. Anyway the first rep you got is a idiot, try again they can fix it. It happened to me and half a dozen people here. Good luck, keep us posted.

Update: I looked it up it is error code 16. Tell the Sprint rep you are getting error code 16, they can fix it. Here is a link to a thread at XDA on the subject with phone numbers and what to do to fix the problem. Again give us an update and let us know if you get the problem resolved.

[Q] Problems after EVO 3D root [Archive] - xda-developers

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smittygam

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

Forgive the noob, but I am getting lost in this step "Open a command prompt and change the directory to where you have your "sdk\tools" folder installed."

Help anyone?

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I had the error 16 for phone calls and txt messaging and a quick 5 minute phone call with Sprint fixed it. That one had me scared a bit.

doctorzeph

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

New to Android. Is there a good place to start understanding rooting--a Rooting Guide for Dummies or Newbs? How do you uninstall HTC Sync?

What will you lose in the process of rooting? Contacts?

Thanks.

sancho8484

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

I have done the steps to get S-OFF (shows successful on boot) and made a nandroid backup, but I'm getting an error on flashing the "E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip" error and it's not giving me superuser access...

What's wrong and what do I do? :-\

EDIT! I put the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip" file in the /tmp/ folder and POOF it worked! I just tried Titanium backup and it allowed SU access!

GUY GUYS ROCK SO HARD!! =)

awesome!!!!! thanks it worked after this!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

New to Android. Is there a good place to start understanding rooting--a Rooting Guide for Dummies or Newbs? How do you uninstall HTC Sync?

What will you lose in the process of rooting? Contacts?

Thanks.
This is the rooting for noobs thread. You SHOULDNT loose anything by simply rooting but your warranty will be voided. Thats about all...

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is error code 53, I may have the number wrong. Anyway the first rep you got is a idiot, try again they can fix it. It happened to me and half a dozen people here. Good luck, keep us posted.

They made me do a factory reset and then they had me try to make a call and it directed me to another sprint rep who said she had to connect my phone back to the sprint towers

Update: I looked it up it is error code 16. Tell the Sprint rep you are getting error code 16, they can fix it. Here is a link to a thread at XDA on the subject with phone numbers and what to do to fix the problem. Again give us an update and let us know if you get the problem resolved.

[Q] Problems after EVO 3D root [Archive] - xda-developers

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

GreenToxon

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying this method, but it keeps telling me my Beta key is invalid. I've rooted my other phone and this one is my brothers. Any help?

CadderlyDroid

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I am going to guess that this method does not work for the new update yet? Or has it been attempted?

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

[NOTE]Hey all, this is a HOW TO for all you out there that are ready to take controll of your EVO 3D!

First off.. I did NOT create any of this. This is just HOW TO.

REQUIREMENTS : You MUST have the HTC drivers installed and HTC Sync UNINSTALLED for this to work.

A BIG THANKS TO UNREVOKED AND ALPHA REV!
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
HOW TO GET S-OFF

1. Go to Revolutionary and select your PC type... This will start the download of the Revolutionary.zip

2. Next is to apply for a Beta Key, this is NOT AN OPTION. You will need your HBOOT version number ie. 1.30 or 1.40, as well as your Serial Number. The serial Number is printed on your EVO under the battery.

3. Boot up your 3D and make sure USB Debugging is ON. Now you can connect your 3D via USB. Make sure its in Charge Only Mode.

4. Extract the downloaded ZIP and run the file "revolutionary"

5. It will prompt you for your beta key.

6. Once this is done it will go thru automated scripts and reboot your phone about 3-4 times before you finally are done.

CONGRATS! YOU ARE NOW S-OFF!

[/INFO]
where do i find the drivers and i cant find were to unistal htc sync. and how to get hoot version

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

CadderlyDroid

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Jon, you should update the thread to use the "legit" method of unlocking or offer it as an alternative. People are making the mistake of accepting the OTA and this is causing issues with revolutionary (yah, I know, big surprise! lol).

Not that I am by an means an expert, but according to another thread here, HTCDev only unlocks the bootloader and doesn't go S-off, so according to others that is a worthless process. I have the key needed, but I am just going to wait till Revolutionary upgrades or someone comes up with a good method. Well worth it to be complete and not only half done. :D

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Not that I am by an means an expert, but according to another thread here, HTCDev only unlocks the bootloader and doesn't go S-off, so according to others that is a worthless process. I have the key needed, but I am just going to wait till Revolutionary upgrades or someone comes up with a good method. Well worth it to be complete and not only half done. :D

Nope, you are not an expert, lol.

But the information you got in the "other" threads is dead wrong!

Look here... With video: [GUIDE]Root Evo 3D!|Win/Mac/Linux|VIDEO WALKTHRU|HTC Unlock Method|08/19/2011 - xda-developers

CadderlyDroid

May 26, 2011
Visit site

scrosler --> Thanks for the info. I was just going by what others on AndroidCentral had said (HTCDev v. Revolutionary). I will have to give it a try later tonight.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

scrosler --> Thanks for the info. I was just going by what others on AndroidCentral had said (HTCDev v. Revolutionary). I will have to give it a try later tonight.
I posted in that thread it was possible if done correctly. That was the whole point of HTC unlocking the boot loader. Everyone got all caught up in semantics (S-ON vs S-OFF) without understanding the actual processes.Only beleive .01% of what you read on the internet unless its coming from me, then only believe .02% lol :D

Either way, good luck!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I posted in that thread it was possible if done correctly. That was the whole point of HTC unlocking the boot loader. Everyone got all caught up in semantics (S-ON vs S-OFF) without understanding the actual processes.Only beleive .01% of what you read on the internet unless its coming from me, then only believe .02% lol :D

Either way, good luck!
so now the question is... is this the .02% of the time to listen to ya! LOL u set urself up for that one hahaha. jk ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan