who is waiting on an easier root method?

pDoG

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I am im no way a noob when it comes to rooting, but I feel as I want to wait on an easier way. I think ill be more comfortable when clockwork mod is full compatible and the method is fully solid. Anyone else agree?

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to android and nothing really makes sense about the rooting..I'll wait with you :p at least until there is a dumbed down guide that I could follow :(

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am im no way a noob when it comes to rooting, but I feel as I want to wait on an easier way. I think ill be more comfortable when clockwork mod is full compatible and the method is fully solid. Anyone else agree?

Honestly don't think their is an easier way.

So far I have rooted a friends OG EVO once and my own OG EVO like 3 times. One of my friends Thunderbolt, and my gf's Epic 4g.

This latest s-off/root method is BY FAR the easiest imo. It is pretty amazing how quick it is too.

I just did the Thunderbolt a couple days ago and the auto-root method for that seemed to take a good 20-30mins. With this new method for the 3D I had s-off and root within like 5-10 mins tops I think.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd prefer to have it be reversible when I actually go about doing it, and since I'm not in any big hurry, I'll wait for a bit. That said, I certainly haven't done it yet, but doesn't look too tough. Unless someone packages it up as a 1 click method, I don't see how it's going to get much easier.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Lol, you want an easier 1 click for s-off? Or an easier way to flash a recovery than throwing a zip on your sd card and rebooting your phone? Or you cant flash the su zip in the new recovery? which is based off cwm and amon ra?

I'd hate to imagine what you would do if you, heaven forbid , had to input everything and push files through adb. and then flash zips from the bootloader and recovery...

Take the and learn to do this now. Its probably not going to get any easier from here on out.

Except when htc finally unlocks the bootloader -- maybe.

Last edited:

RayKwon

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol, you want an easier 1 click for s-off? Or an easier way to flash a recovery than throwing a zip on your sd card and rebooting your phone? Or you cant flash the su zip in the new recovery? which is based off cwm and amon ra?

I'd hate to imagine what you would do if you, heaven forbid , had to input everything and push files through adb. and then flash zips from the bootloader and recovery...

Take the and learn to do this now. Its probably not going to get any easier from here on out.

Except when htc finally unlocks the bootloader -- maybe.

This is exactly what I thought when I read the original post.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

This is too easy. If you need help post in the sticky and I am sure we can help you.

I'd prefer to have it be reversible when I actually go about doing it, and since I'm not in any big hurry, I'll wait for a bit.

I just posted a thread on how to return to stock: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...cks/107641-how-return-stock-1-13-651-7-a.html

faithofgod

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Very simple and only takes about 10 minutes. I am not sure how it could get much easier. Watch the videos posted by fraz in post 11 if you are new to this.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to root with this method. It seemed way easier than unrevoked for my old 4g. The only way it could get easier is if you handed it off for someone else to do it for you.

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
This was easy...you had to jump through a little more hoops than unrevoked for the og evo...but it feels easier to us veterans because were used to doing this

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya this is literally as easy as it gets. Back with the EVO 4G it was a pain to root because you had to revert back to 2.1. Personally I'm not a fan of these root methods that are automated and you don't know what's going on in the background.. But w/e. There are a couple of issues that's come up so far. There's been tons of complaints about people losing their ability to make and receive calls (myself included) but it's an easy fix. Some other people (again like myself) have randomly lost touch input but a simple reboot fixes it. A couple of other people have had issues with certain root applications not working but that's far in between. I say go for it or you'll never have root..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey