[HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock - All versions!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into recovery, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

USE ONLY FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES. THIS OVERWRITES EVERYTHING!!!!

**THIS WILL RETURN YOU TO FRESH OUT OF THE BOX**

You will not need any special drivers loaded, etc...

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: [Evo 3D] - Untouched Stock ROMs - Zip Format and rename it "PG86IM.zip"
  2. Copy it to SD Card
  3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.
  4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.
  5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.
  6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.
  7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! :cool: lol

Last edited:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Return to stock

Thanks! This is what I was waiting for before I did the naughty with s-off.

On my old Intercept I always kept a stock ROM on my SD card just in case.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Return to stock

Thanks! This is what I was waiting for before I did the naughty with s-off.

On my old Intercept I always kept a stock ROM on my SD card just in case.

Yeah, I dont blame you. I just learned the hard way not flash a.... Well nevermind that, lol.

I was stuck in boot loop and could only get to bootloader. So after screwing around for about an hour trying to figure out what went wrong I decided to do the deed of returnign to stock. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained. lol

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Great job bud. Just make sure u mention that this is only stock ROM. Recovery is needed and if u need to take it to Sprint, they can tell you hacked it still. Just a warning and FYI for everyone :)

Also a suggestion would be to change the thread title to "return to stock ROM". Not bashing just suggesting. Once again great job and is straight forward.

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk.

Reactions: garmaxlalo

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Return to stock 1.13.651.7

Great job bud. Just make sure u mention that this is only stock ROM. Recovery is needed and if u need to take it to Sprint, they can tell you hacked it still. Just a warning and FYI for everyone :)

Also a suggestion would be to change the thread title to "return to stock ROM". Not bashing just suggesting. Once again great job and is straight forward.

Thanks for the feed back but you are incorrect. I think you are assuming... (sorry, not bashing you... just sayin...)

This method returns you to 100% stock. Its the official image. It returns recovery, data, system, etc... EVERYTHING. Sprint will not be able to tell you have hacked anything. You are flashing the HTC RUU Image using my method.

Based upon that I will not be changing the thread title. Thanks though.

Tested and working!

EDIT: You may want to sticky this or link to it in your REF thread. Im sure people will need this, like you said, if returning to Sprint :c)

EDIT2: Also, after doing this you will need to re-apply the s-off fix and re install TWRP recovery assuming you choose to do that because you are back at square one.

Last edited:
Reactions: porpherion

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Aah didn't realize that it wiped everything. I stand corrected :). That's good then! Thanks for the info that is awesome. Also ill work on the sticky.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Return to stock 1.13.651.7 - ROM / Recovery / Etc

Aah didn't realize that it wiped everything. I stand corrected :). That's good then! Thanks for the info that is awesome. Also ill work on the sticky.

Cool beans!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I asked for the sticky to be posted. And yea no worries I'm not bashing and ur not bashing me. I like ur work just had thoughts.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I asked for the sticky to be posted. And yea no worries I'm not bashing and ur not bashing me. I like ur work just had thoughts.

No worries man, no worries at all.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Updated the OP to include the omission I made of the S-ON step. whooops... lol

sacmann

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry, I'm very confused about the S-ON steps. I did everything else, but I don't know how to get S-ON. Can someone explain step by step as if they were talking to a 5 year old? lol

sacmann

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Need to get S-ON

So I went through all the steps in the how to get back to stock thread, but I am still having trouble getting S-ON. Can someone explain it to me please?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm sorry, I'm very confused about the S-ON steps. I did everything else, but I don't know how to get S-ON. Can someone explain step by step as if they were talking to a 5 year old? lol

As of right now the S-ON command seems not to be working correctly. A solution is being researched.

Do you need to send back to Sprint/HTC?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need to get S-ON

As of right now the S-ON command seems not to be working correctly. A solution is being researched.

sacmann

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I need to send it back to Sprint. Will it matter if it has S-OFF? Revolutionary isn't above it so I don't think they would know that I tried rooting it

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I need to send it back to Sprint. Will it matter if it has S-OFF? Revolutionary isn't above it so I don't think they would know that I tried rooting it

Im thinking that as well. Some models did get shipped with "S-OFF" indicator....

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need to get S-ON

Im more than sure the sprint peeps wont even check for s-on or off. Now if you had to send it back to htc, then thats a problem. But short term if that because they were gonna unlock the bootloader soon anyways,